Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians and Sunday
It is amazing how blinded professing "christians" are to God's word in the Holy Bible..God made it clear in Genesis 2, when he Created the seventh day of the first week and made it Holy and blessed this day..It is therefore an integral part of creation, but satan through the early Roman church "changed God's times and laws" just as Daniel 7 prophesied..now catholics and protestants alike blindly follow the day of the sun for their holy day ignoring God's gift of the seventh day Sabbath...what is really amazing there are how many hundreds of these "christian" pastors running around trying to convert Jews to Christianity and telling them they need to forsake the Holy Sabbath day in favour of the first day of the week...this is ludicrous, but they are even flocking to Jerusalem and the Holy land to spread this satanic message....but the Jews will not fall for this I am sure!
I keep the sabbath although i was brought up to keep sunday i am not jewish by birth but i am a grafted in branch through the new birth Jesus Christ died for me so i could born again i love Him with all my heart

maggie::
(09-01-2012, 01:32 AM)John 14.6 Wrote: It is amazing how blinded professing "christians" are to God's word in the Holy Bible..God made it clear in Genesis 2, when he Created the seventh day of the first week and made it Holy and blessed this day..It is therefore an integral part of creation, but satan through the early Roman church "changed God's times and laws" just as Daniel 7 prophesied..now catholics and protestants alike blindly follow the day of the sun for their holy day ignoring God's gift of the seventh day Sabbath...what is really amazing there are how many hundreds of these "christian" pastors running around trying to convert Jews to Christianity and telling them they need to forsake the Holy Sabbath day in favour of the first day of the week...this is ludicrous, but they are even flocking the Jerusalem and the Holy land to spread this satanic message....but the Jews will not fall for this I am sure!

Romans 14:6
He that regard's the day, regard's it to the Lord; and he that regard's not the day, to the Lord he does not regard it. He that eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he that eats not, to the Lord he eats not, and gives God thanks.

The rest of Romans 14 explains grace very well in these matters.

On the other hand, I don't see it necessary to preach one day over another. Which Pastors do this?
(09-03-2012, 08:26 PM)Gavriel Eli Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 01:32 AM)John 14.6 Wrote: It is amazing how blinded professing "christians" are to God's word in the Holy Bible..God made it clear in Genesis 2, when he Created the seventh day of the first week and made it Holy and blessed this day..It is therefore an integral part of creation, but satan through the early Roman church "changed God's times and laws" just as Daniel 7 prophesied..now catholics and protestants alike blindly follow the day of the sun for their holy day ignoring God's gift of the seventh day Sabbath...what is really amazing there are how many hundreds of these "christian" pastors running around trying to convert Jews to Christianity and telling them they need to forsake the Holy Sabbath day in favour of the first day of the week...this is ludicrous, but they are even flocking the Jerusalem and the Holy land to spread this satanic message....but the Jews will not fall for this I am sure!

Romans 14:6
He that regard's the day, regard's it to the Lord; and he that regard's not the day, to the Lord he does not regard it. He that eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he that eats not, to the Lord he eats not, and gives God thanks.

The rest of Romans 14 explains grace very well in these matters.

On the other hand, I don't see it necessary to preach one day over another. Which Pastors do this?

You obviously misunderstand Romans 14 and the intent of this section...God's Holy seventh day Sabbath (which is part of Creation), is not mentioned..obviously your preconceived idea that it is included is wrong...God does not change His Commandments, and the Holy seventh day Sabbath is the fourth of the Ten Commandments...Paul and the rest of the Apostles observed the Sabbath Acts 12-18 throughout their ministries and their lives..teaching the Jews and Gentiles.....it shows how wrong you and your false teachers are. Regarding grace..Paul says "do we sin more so grace abounds? God forbid!...Apostle John says "sin is trangression of the law"..so if you do not follow God's royal law the ten Commandments you are sinning based on the Bible...and Paul says grace does not apply in that instance.....Romans 6.1, and 1st John 3.4

We are all sinners already so who exactly are you trying to impress?

"Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ" (Col. 2:16-17).

Christ IS the Sabbath now.
(09-09-2012, 01:48 AM)Kelvyquayo Wrote: We are all sinners already so who exactly are you trying to impress?

"Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ" (Col. 2:16-17).

Christ IS the Sabbath now

Read it carefully...its says "are a mere shadow of things to come".As this was written some 35 years after Jesus death and resurrection, if is obvious Paul is referring to the second coming...He is also telling the new gentile converts "let no man judge you" Most gentiles came from pagan worship (much like "christians" now..and they were judging and mocking the gentile converts to Christianity so Paul is consoling and strengthening the Gentiles of the day...
I would suggest you study carefully the words of Jesus in the Gospels as these words are the basis of salvation and the New Covenant, instead of confusing yourself with bits and pieces taken out of context by which you try to negate God's law and plan for mankind...

And how are you NOT being a "Judaizer" here?
I am not arguing that God's given laws were just for sport..
..and I won't even bring up the fact the they were only given AS LAWS to Israel;
My problem is you trying to condemn and vex Christians for not following the Sabbath.

Speaking of "out of context" you should double-check on which epistles were written to Jews, like Romans and then consider the context of the "law" more carefully.
Quote:We are all sinners already so who exactly are you trying to impress?

Christ IS the Sabbath now.
So Christ overules God's Laws that he instituted for all generations? Indeed this is rediculous. If Christ is against God, he doesn't have respect for His Father who said ''These are MY fetivals.

If in Romans 14 people interpret ''The Lords festivals'' wrongly, The Almighty might be mercifull. It is maybe like: if your child wants to celebrate your birthday on another day, maybe he has less respect, or he doesn't know.
But the people who teach others wrongly, might be calles small in heaven?
Romans 14:5 clearly speaks about what a ''man'' considers. It doesn't give answer on what The Almighty considers.
BESIDES THIS, it speaks towards Romans. The Almighty didn't say to non-Jews that it was forbidden to eat certain things, so people got different opinions. Even in the Temple times non-Jews were allowed to eat other things, Jews were not there to judge others in their behavior on a lot of things.
BESIDES THIS, I hardly saw a Christian who followed vers 15. If he knew I was not allowed to eat pork, a lot of Chrisitians next to me were eating it. According to Coloseans it's ''not in love'' what these Christians do.
According to Tenach this is allowed, people don't have to tease, but a non-Jew can eat his thing next to me if he wants.

It's clear that Romans has less to do with Gods Laws towards Jews indeed that he instituted for all generations. The Christian Testament is another book.
Quote:So Christ overules God's Laws that he instituted for all generations?

No, Christ and God do not overrule each other. There is nothing overruling any Law..
Look at it this way: Does the law of speed limits become negated to me when I get out of my car. No; the speed limit law is NOT "overruled" it simply no longer aplies. There IS a difference.

Quote:Romans 14:5 clearly speaks about what a ''man'' considers. It doesn't give answer on what The Almighty considers.

It is what The Almighty considers from man. It is instructing people (via the Holy Spirit!) of the proper way to act towards one another in order to become more Christ-like. What the Almighty considers is how close we are to Christ.
It is because of scripture like this that I would never attack or berate a follower of Jesus for not following the Sabbath. especially one that was never raised Jewish.

Quote:BESIDES THIS, it speaks towards Romans.

Sure, but it is mostly to Roman Jews for Jesus.. as is apparent by the way that The Law is described as well as the context in which "Gentiles" are discussed. This epistle does in no way intimate that Non-Jew Christians need to start following the Law of Moses...

BUT what the entire Bible DOES teach is that when both Jew and Gentile are IN GLORY that the transformation shall cause us to naturally follow ALL of God's Laws without even them having to be DECLARED as Laws..

DOES a place/time where crime cannot exist require LAWS?
The LAW will exist for ALL TIME, no doubt they can never change... what WILL CHANGE is US.
Does the sprout have any use for the seed shell once it has sprouted? But the importance and relevance of the seed will never change...
Quote:Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, attained righteousness, even the righteousness which is by faith;
Rom 9:31 but Israel, pursuing a law of righteousness, did not arrive at that law.
Rom 9:32 Why? Because they did not pursue it by faith, but as though it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone,
Rom 9:33 just as it is written, "BEHOLD, I LAY IN ZION A STONE OF STUMBLING AND A ROCK OF OFFENSE, AND HE WHO BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

So then, what can be said? Only that we obtain the righteousness of G-d by faith and not by keeping the Law.

Quote:Rom 10:3 For not knowing about God's righteousness, and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

So then, what can be said? Christ put an end to the Law as a means of obtaining righteousness ‘to everyone who believes’ – has faith.

Quote:Rom 10:8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, in your mouth and in your heart"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
Rom 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;
Rom 10:10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

So then, what can be said? Where is the word of G-d? Is it written on a piece of paper or carved of stone tablets? Or is it ‘in you mouth and in your heart’? If you have confessed with your mouth and believed in your heart that JESUS IS LORD (YHWH), then His word is in your mouth and in your heart – and that belief / that faith results in righteousness being accounted to us which results in our salvation.

Quote:Col 2:13 And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions,
Col 2:14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
Col 2:15 When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him.

So then, what can be said? Christ, through His death on the cross, cancelled out the debt of condemnation resulting from our transgressions of the Law – literally taking it out of the way / setting it aside – ‘having nailed it to the cross’.

Quote:Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.