Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Sends God
Something mysterious about God's nature is seen in the Old Testament. God is both the Sender and the One Sent in Zechariah -

Zechariah 2:8-11

"For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye. (v.8)

For I am waving My hand over them, and they will be plunder for those who served them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me. (v.9)

Give a ringing shout and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah. (v.10)

And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you." (v.11)

In verse 8 the speaker is Jehovah of hosts - " ... thus says Jehovah of hosts ...". But who is the one sent to deal with the plundering nations in this sentence - "He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you" ? He is the one waving His hand and declaring that Jehovah of hosts has sent Him -

"For thus says Jehovah of hosts ... For I am waving My hand over them; and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me." Jehovah of hosts is both the speaker and the one who will dwell in the midst of His people -

" ... for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, declares Jehovah." (v.10)

Many nations will join themselves to Jehovah God for He says they will be His people - "And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in your midst ..."

When they join themselves to Jehovah who will come to dwell in the midst of His people, it shall be known that Jehovah of hosts has sent this One -

"And many nations will join themselves to Jehovah in that day and will become My people; and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me unto you."

This mysterious passage reveals that Jehovah of hosts is both the Sender and the One Sent. This is a widow into the triune nature of God. And we can compare it to the New Testament utterance that the Son and the Father will come to dwell in the lover of Jesus:

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)
"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)"

Jesus never wrote anything himself so we do not know if he in fact said those things. Unless you believe they followed him around with pen and paper and he said, "Hey__________ write this one down" and" ___________ answered good one Lord."

Avraham

(09-14-2012, 07:09 PM)Avraham Wrote: "Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)"

Jesus never wrote anything himself so we do not know if he in fact said those things. Unless you believe they followed him around with pen and paper and he said, "Hey__________ write this one down" and" ___________ answered good one Lord."

Avraham

Did God write anything Himself...other than the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone?

(09-14-2012, 09:02 PM)John 14.6 Wrote: Did God write anything Himself...other than the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone?

My comment will still be about God sending God:

Notice again verse 8: "For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you; for he who touches you touches the pupil of His eye." (Zech. 2:8)

Both "He" and "Me" refer to Jehovah of hosts. Jehovah of hosts is both the Sender (verses 9,11) and the sent One. This like John's Gospel, is a revelation of the Triune God.

God dispatching God is here.
God dispensing God is here.

Jehovah is Triune as implied in Exodus 3:15 - the God Who will be Who He will be, the self existing "I AM THAT I AM" is threefold revealed - "the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob ...".

In Zech. 2:8-11 One of the three in the Godhead, Who is refered to as "He", sent another of the three, Who is refered to as "Me".

The Sender is surely the Father, and the sent One is the Son. Both the Father and the Son are Jehovah.

" ... the works which the Father has given Me to finish ... testify concerning Me that the Father has sent Me." (John 5:36b)

"As the living Father sent Me and I live because of the Father, ..." (John 6:57a)

"But even if I do judge, My judgment is true, for I am not alone, but I and the Father who sent Me." (John 8:16)

In Zechariah after the glory the Triune God decided that the Father would send the Son against the nations who plundered Israel. Both Father and Son are Jehovah.

Zechariah 12:10--And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and supplications: and they shall look upon ME WHOM THEY HAVE PIERCED, and they shall MOURN FOR HIM, as one mourneth for his only Son, and shall be in bitterness for HIM, as one is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Yeshua Bless You
(09-15-2012, 03:25 AM)sheila Wrote: Zechariah 12:10--And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and supplications: and they shall look upon ME WHOM THEY HAVE PIERCED, and they shall MOURN FOR HIM, as one mourneth for his only Son, and shall be in bitterness for HIM, as one is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Yeshua Bless You

Amen. God sends God in Zechariah.

This passage is helpful for it shows that in God sending God, God picks up something - humanity. He who had divinity only sends the Divine God Who in incarnation picks up humanity. Thus He is able to be pierced in crucifixion as the sacrificed Son. The Word who was God and with God becomes flesh (John 1:1,14)

As God dispenses God, God is compounded with Human Nature to accomplish redemption by being pieced on Calvary's cross.

It is sealed that the sent One is distinct but not separated from the Sending one. For the Angel [messenger] of Jehovah is virtually Jehovah Himself -

"In that day Jehovah will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he who is feeble among them in the day will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of Jehovah before them." (Zech 12:8)

" ... like God, like the Angel of Jehovah ..."

This is like God, like the One sent as Messenger by God. Again is revealed - God sending God in His operation. Israel pierced Him (the incarnated God - the Son Jesus). But a glorious day comes when they recognize and mourn for this firstborn Son - God become a man.

But there is much more. We've yet to examine the stone with seven eyes (Zechariah.) and the Lamb with seven eyes (Revelation).
This thread should be stickied.
FMS said"
"In that day Jehovah will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; and he who is feeble among them in the day will be like David, and the house of David will be like God, like the Angel of Jehovah before them." (Zech 12:8)

" ... like God, like the Angel of Jehovah ..."

This is like God, like the One sent as Messenger by God. Again is revealed - God sending God in His operation. Israel pierced Him (the incarnated God - the Son Jesus). But a glorious day comes when they recognize and mourn for this firstborn Son - God become a man.

E"
Oh what a tangled web we weave when christians practice to deceive!

It really is quite amazing to read when a christian tries to understand Tanach.
The way you take your preconceived ideas to the OT makes for entertaining fiction!
The moment anyone uses the term jehovah you know they are a christian who is passing on
cunningly devised fables which is exactly what the NT predicts "in the last days".

Mat 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.

All christians believe the same as the Roman Catholic church which is not any mystery to Jews.

To anyone looking back in time it is quite a simple matter to follow the Nicene Creed.

From then on the fairy tale has perpetuated it self into the fable of Anti-Christ, who is the devils son,
( so says radio , TV, Movies, etc) to the point in history when all the christians are rejected at the judgment seat.

Matt chapter seven speaks of a group of people who are led by false prophets......

Mat 7:15 ¶ Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Christians are totally blind to these verses meaning and right up to the "Day Of Judgment" they
call out the wrong name. Because their English bible calls Him" Lord Jesus Christ" they are
going to be rejected for using that name proves you are a christian for no Jew or Arab would ever use that name.

AND IN THY NAME HAVE DONE MANY FALSE WONDERFUL WORKS SAYS JESUS WHO REJECTS THEM!

For FMS to use G-d and L-rd and LORD and GOD and not notice they are different in Hebrew
shows how christians treat God's word with contempt.
English was never spoken in the time of the OT yet they think thier English bible is correct.
YHWH speaks Hebrew not English ( christians get over it )
Jesus speaks Hebrew and writes Hebrew and reads Hebrew ( get over it ).

For instance FMS uses God without looking up the Hebrew he will never know it means " Plurality"
Mighty Ones, Many Of Them all having the power Of EL Shaddai.
These are some of the reasons Jews and christians have nothing to discuss over the years.
The pagan customs of three Gods goes back to Babylon.
And modern day Babylon, the Catholic, Protestant christians will be destroyed at His coming.

Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus is a Jew and comes to the house of Judah first not to the christians.

Zec 12:7 The LORD also shall save the tents of Judah first, that the glory of the house of David and the glory of the inhabitants of Jerusalem do not magnify [themselves] against Judah.
Elvis may object to my use of “Jehovah” in Zechariah. I don’t insist that only ”Jehovah” should be read there in English. The FACTS of the passage, however, show the Sender and the sent One are God.

Let’s see if someone else besides God makes sense in this context.
”For thus says Jehovah of hosts, After the glory He has sent Me against the nations who plunder you … For I am waving My hand over them … and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me.” (See Zech. 2:8,9)

Could it be that Zechariah the prophet is saying that he will wave his hand over the nations? The one waving the hand over the nations is the one sent against the nations. The prophet is speaking God’s words. But the prophet does not possess the power to discipline the plundering nations with a wave of his hand. God the Almighty rather, being against the enemies of Israel, has the powerful waving hand which should be feared.

He who is sent against plundering nations and waving that all powerful hand, is best understood as God. When He waves in punishment – ” … you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me.” (v.9).

This should be understood not as God sending the prophet to wave his hand against the nations. Rather the Speaker who says “… thus says Jehovah … He has sent Me …”. Jehovah of hosts the Sender sends He who declares ” For I am waving My hand over them … Jehovah of hosts has sent Me.”

Now who is the one coming to dwell in the midst of Zion? Is it Zechariah the prophet? Well the one who declares this coming is Jehovah God – ”O daughter of Zion, for now I am coming, and I will dwell in your midst, DECLARES JEHOVAH” (v.10) This one who comes to dwell in the midst is Jehovah. Yet in verse 11 they will know that Jehovah has sent this one who is dwelling in the midst – ” … and I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you.” (v.11b)

Jehovah declares that He will dwell in the midst in verse 10 … ”I will dwell in the midst, declares Jehovah”
Jehovah predicts in verse 11 that the result will be that they will know Jehovah of hosts has sent this one – ”I will dwell in your midst, and you will know that Jehovah of hosts has sent Me to you.”

Elvis’s argument should be aimed not at Christians for these facts, but against the Old Testament book of Zechariah. He may argue with my usage of the name ”Jehovah”. He may argue with my expounding on the Trinity somewhat . But he cannot argue with the FACTS as presented in Zechariah 2:8-11. God sends God. God is both the One sent and the Sender.

In light of the whole revelation of both Old and New Testament, I maintain that the Triune God – Father – Son Holy Spirit, the Three-One Eternal I AM of the Divine Person is the explanation of Zechariah’s mysterious passage.
"Did God write anything Himself...other than the Ten Commandments on tablets of stone?"

Avraham sends Avraham and Avraham says to Avaraham "say to John Avraham";

That G-d dictated the Torah to Moses.

"Moses wrote all of God's words" (Exodus 24:4). Before completing the covenant, he read this part of the Torah. It is written, "[Moses] took the Book of the covenant, and read it so that the people would hear. They said, 'All that God has spoken, we will do and we will listen'" (Exodus 24:7).

Those pesky little facts,

You disbelieve?

Avraham says to Avraham,
"One Eternal I AM of the Divine Person is the explanation of Zechariah’s mysterious passage."

It is not a mystrery if you could read the Hebrew you would know that. "I lifted up mine eyes again" is to be in a state of Prophesy. And he speaking with angels, "And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him".

"His inheritance" is an assurance to Israel that He is still our G-D. "choose Jerusalem again" His covenant was not set aside and therefore shall hold good for ever.

It has nothing to do with what you obviously made up. In fact the message is for Israel not you. It is a scroll not a verse here and a verse there. That's the Ouija Board approach to scriptiure.

Lastly, we do not know how to pronounce G-D'S and it is a sacrilege to do so.

You and Thomas might enjoy this guy. He is out there a bit himself and you both sound a lot like him.

Greg Boyd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSgwACjZk...re=related

I will be leaving soon and not returning,

Avraham