Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not be happy they believe in God?
(01-13-2014, 09:54 PM)Nachshon Wrote: So J-sus will have children outside of marriage? How can he when is resurrected and cannot marry (have children), Mat 22:30?

Those who believe in him are his bride. And I can't tell if he could, as I never said he would in the first place.

(01-13-2014, 09:54 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Can you define walking in perfection -> hint (Gen 17:1, Psalms 119:1)?

I think Moses said it best:
"For I know that after my death, you will surely become corrupted, and deviate from the way which I had commanded you. Consequently, the evil will befall you at the end of days, because you did evil in the eyes of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands."
~Deuteronomy 31:9~

(01-13-2014, 09:54 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Why do the nations come to Jerusalem bringing the Jews, Isa 66?

Because of what is written in verse 15 & 16 of that very chapter: For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

And once again verse 21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord.

Proves you need Levites!! You needed them from the beginning to keep the law. Which you don't have today. I've been saying that from the very start of my threads when I began posting.
(05-26-2013, 04:11 PM)Tzuar1 Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 01:16 PM)benyosef Wrote: seeing as Muhammad’s attempts to convert Jews was about as successful as Matthew’s.

And you're the standard for measuring success? Because the minority go to Heaven, not the majority. Narrow is the way....and few there be that find it. That is what Christ said.

(06-11-2013, 05:40 PM)benyosef Wrote:
Tzuar1 Wrote:And you're the standard for measuring success?

Matthew didn’t have much success because he made the fatal mistake of misquoting verses when speaking to people who were familiar with the texts. Muhammad wasn’t successful either, which is why he turned violently anti-Semitic.

(06-17-2013, 06:51 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(06-15-2013, 08:59 PM)Tzuar1 Wrote: Well then you certainly are no standard for measuring success. Christ said straight is the path and narrow is the way and few there are that find it. Success is not in the majority. After all, Elohim saved Noah and his family only. To many, that is not success.
Actually, Yeshua said nothing new here. He was reiterating what is in the Tanakh, Isa 26:7, Prov 1:28.

So we have two Jews of Judaism who disagree? What a rarity on JewsforJesus and possibly a first.

Nachshon quoted Tzuar1 but the quote is to Benyosef who spoke about Matthews success in realtion to Muhammad. Nachshon disagreed with Benyosef by saying Jesus quoted the Tanach when Benyosef claims Islam is closer to Judaism! Yet Muhammad never upholds the Tanakh!
(01-16-2014, 08:15 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 09:54 PM)Nachshon Wrote: So J-sus will have children outside of marriage? How can he when is resurrected and cannot marry (have children), Mat 22:30?
Those who believe in him are his bride. And I can't tell if he could, as I never said he would in the first place.
So are you saying you are going to Marry J-sus and have children?

(01-13-2014, 09:54 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Can you define walking in perfection -> hint (Gen 17:1, Psalms 119:1)?
I think Moses said it best:
"For I know that after my death, you will surely become corrupted, and deviate from the way which I had commanded you. Consequently, the evil will befall you at the end of days, because you did evil in the eyes of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger through the work of your hands."
~Deuteronomy 31:9~
You should read how the story ends, Deut 30:1-10. Funny how you're included in your own assessment of things above.

(01-13-2014, 09:54 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Why do the nations come to Jerusalem bringing the Jews, Isa 66?
Because of what is written in verse 15 & 16 of that very chapter: For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

And once again verse 21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord.
Yes, the Torah still exists and the evidence of Levites and the seeds of David shows that sacrifices occur again in Ezek 44-45. So Hebrews was wrong about J-sus' ultimate sacrifice.
(01-16-2014, 08:55 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(05-26-2013, 04:11 PM)Tzuar1 Wrote:
(05-24-2013, 01:16 PM)benyosef Wrote: seeing as Muhammad’s attempts to convert Jews was about as successful as Matthew’s.

And you're the standard for measuring success? Because the minority go to Heaven, not the majority. Narrow is the way....and few there be that find it. That is what Christ said.

(06-11-2013, 05:40 PM)benyosef Wrote:
Tzuar1 Wrote:And you're the standard for measuring success?

Matthew didn’t have much success because he made the fatal mistake of misquoting verses when speaking to people who were familiar with the texts. Muhammad wasn’t successful either, which is why he turned violently anti-Semitic.

(06-17-2013, 06:51 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(06-15-2013, 08:59 PM)Tzuar1 Wrote: Well then you certainly are no standard for measuring success. Christ said straight is the path and narrow is the way and few there are that find it. Success is not in the majority. After all, Elohim saved Noah and his family only. To many, that is not success.
Actually, Yeshua said nothing new here. He was reiterating what is in the Tanakh, Isa 26:7, Prov 1:28.

So we have two Jews of Judaism who disagree? What a rarity on JewsforJesus and possibly a first.

Nachshon quoted Tzuar1 but the quote is to Benyosef who spoke about Matthews success in realtion to Muhammad. Nachshon disagreed with Benyosef by saying Jesus quoted the Tanach when Benyosef claims Islam is closer to Judaism! Yet Muhammad never upholds the Tanakh!
It would be interesting to see the context/thread from which you are referring to.

Certainly Islam, which is montheistic and believes in an absolute, singular, ONE G-d, is closer to Judaism than Christianity with its three headed-god, the trinity.
(01-13-2014, 10:01 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Do you teach or your church teach Torah observance?

Yes, there is a Synagogue I go to that have Jewish believers, they do some things Torah, others Rabbinical.

Anyone who keeps the Ten Commandments does Torah observance, Jesus said we would be beaten in the Synagogues for our belief, so it is obvious to me I can still attend a Jewish synagogue if I wanted to as well.

I would cautiously teach observance but always be sure to teach that observance and observance to justification even obedience is not possible in our day and age. Anytime after 70AD. It is all fractured. No Levites, no altar, no tabernacle, no sacrifices and Judaism focuses too much on the Temple which wasn't the idea of Elohim in the first place, it was just honored by Elohim. Then they transferred to the Temple much of what Moses said to do and lost focus on the original law of Moses.
(01-17-2014, 10:24 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(01-13-2014, 10:01 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Do you teach or your church teach Torah observance?

Yes, there is a Synagogue I go to that have Jewish believers, they do some things Torah, others Rabbinical.

Anyone who keeps the Ten Commandments does Torah observance, Jesus said we would be beaten in the Synagogues for our belief, so it is obvious to me I can still attend a Jewish synagogue if I wanted to as well.
Just ten? What about helping the poor, windows, orphans, being kind to animals? Do this commandments stills apply? What about laws against homosexuality? Honesty? If you only consider ten, you're missing out on a whole lot more.

(01-17-2014, 10:24 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: I would cautiously teach observance but always be sure to teach that observance and observance to justification even obedience is not possible in our day and age. Anytime after 70AD. It is all fractured. No Levites, no altar, no tabernacle, no sacrifices and Judaism focuses too much on the Temple which wasn't the idea of Elohim in the first place, it was just honored by Elohim. Then they transferred to the Temple much of what Moses said to do and lost focus on the original law of Moses.
Sure it is. Doing what is right is always applicable. Even if you can't do it all perfectly as you'd want.
Q&A:

(01-18-2014, 09:02 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Just ten?

Not just ten, I said that in a general sense.

(01-18-2014, 09:02 PM)Nachshon Wrote: What about helping the poor, windows, orphans, being kind to animals?

Those as well.

(01-18-2014, 09:02 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Do this commandments stills apply?

Yes.

(01-18-2014, 09:02 PM)Nachshon Wrote: What about laws against homosexuality? Honesty? If you only consider ten, you're missing out on a whole lot more.

No homosexuality either. I don't consider just ten.

(01-18-2014, 09:02 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Sure it is. Doing what is right is always applicable. Even if you can't do it all perfectly as you'd want.

I agree. Where we disagree, is that you believe you are still obedient in a fractured system. I don't. It is like saying the courts are still OK and just even without the Supreme Court.
(01-21-2014, 04:21 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: I agree. Where we disagree, is that you believe you are still obedient in a fractured system. I don't. It is like saying the courts are still OK and just even without the Supreme Court.
None of the laws have been repealed or done away with. Can you show me where this is done in the Tanakh?

Don't forget, if J-sus can forgive and tell people not to sacrifice, with a temple in existence, then Hashem can do it as well, especially when there's more justification in our current situation.
(01-22-2014, 12:16 PM)Nachshon Wrote: None of the laws have been repealed or done away with. Can you show me where this is done in the Tanakh?

I never said they were, you do every time you claim you don't need to keep a true Passover, or atone in blood etc.

(01-22-2014, 12:16 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Don't forget, if J-sus can forgive and tell people not to sacrifice, with a temple in existence, then Hashem can do it as well, especially when there's more justification in our current situation.

That is belief and commentary. "If" "then" stuff. Elohim said you would be dispersed because of disobedience! It is written. Elohim never says you need a Temple, needing a Temple is not written. It is the idea of King David and Solomon 1 Kings 5:5
And, behold, I purpose to build an house

Not Elohim purposes to build a house. It is written!
(02-05-2014, 07:26 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 12:16 PM)Nachshon Wrote: None of the laws have been repealed or done away with. Can you show me where this is done in the Tanakh?
I never said they were, you do every time you claim you don't need to keep a true Passover, or atone in blood etc.
I've never said we shouldn't have a passover sacrifice, but it is impossible right now. But the 3rd temple has them returning, Ezek 43-45.

(02-05-2014, 07:26 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 12:16 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Don't forget, if J-sus can forgive and tell people not to sacrifice, with a temple in existence, then Hashem can do it as well, especially when there's more justification in our current situation.
That is belief and commentary. "If" "then" stuff. Elohim said you would be dispersed because of disobedience! It is written. Elohim never says you need a Temple, needing a Temple is not written. It is the idea of King David and Solomon 1 Kings 5:5
And, behold, I purpose to build an house
Then did J-sus forgive without sacrifices or not? Surely G-d who is greater than J-sus can forgive sins!

(02-05-2014, 07:26 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: Not Elohim purposes to build a house. It is written!
I already showed you this opinion of yours is incorrect, Ex 15:17. You see Hashem had intentions for Jerusalem and the temple/mikdash.