Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Isaiah 53 Is Israel This Servant?
How to give your life to Yeshua:

1. Admit you have sinned and need forgiveness.

2. Believe that Yeshua was sent from Yahweh, that He died for you on the Cross and rose from the grave.

3. Through prayer, confess that Yeshua today is the provision G-d gave us, and commit to live for Yahweh through Him for the rest of your life.

What to Pray:

Yeshua,

I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life. I know You are the only way to G-d so now I want to quit disobeying You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life and show me how to know You. In Yeshua's name. Amen.

If you prayed that prayer, please contact JFJ, and they can help you to understand more, and give you resources, and literature.

How you can know you are forgiven:

The Bible, G-d's Word says: You were saved by faith in G-d, who treats us much better that we deserve. This is G-d's gift to you, and you have done nothing on your own (Ephesians 2:8).

For those who put their faith in Yahweh through Yeshua: He gives us the right to be the children of G-d....To sit before the Holy of Holies. It is the commission Yahweh appointed to Yeshua [Isaiah 53]Just as in the day did He send Mose, now does He send Yahoshua  [Deuteronomy 18:18]It is One G-D , One Word, One Grace!The G-D of Israel! Shalom
Avraham Wrote:Midrash Rabbah on Deuteronomy:

“I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey (Cant. V. I): because the Israelites poured out their soul to die in the captivity, as it is said, ‘Because he poured out his soul to die.’”

Jesus is now no longer the "Prince of Peace"? Why turn the other cheek? Why sit silently and take Pilates insults. Why not use that sword then and fight for G-D'S Kingdom?

Now you say he is not the "suffering servant"?

Avraham
I do understand your confusion as to the suffering servant, as the servant is defined as Israel in the scriptures leading up to Isaiah 53. Let us read them;Isaiah 41:8-9
But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, "You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off."

Isaiah 44:1
But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen!

Isaiah 44:21
Remember these things, O Jacob, and Israel, for you are my servant; I formed you; you are my servant; O Israel, you will not be forgotten by me.

Isaiah 45:4
For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my chosen, I called you by your name, I name you, though you do not know me.

Isaiah 48:20
Go out from Babylon, flee from Chaldea, declare this with a shout of joy, proclaim it, send it out to the end of the earth; say, "The Lord has redeemed his servant Jacob!"

Isaiah 49:3
And he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified."[Azriel] I agree that even Isaiah 7:14,15 ,refers to the remnant of Israel.When G-d spoke to Avraham, and Noah, when the Torah was given to Moses, and when the commission was given to Isaiah, the Word to Jeremiah,and David, and the prophets, was it not given to one man for many? Did not the words and righteousness given by Yahweh to one, live in many?Are not all these men connected with the same Voice? Is there not only One True Yahweh, for One people, One Word. So it is with Yeshua, who bears the same Word for the same people , the same son; The same remnant of the children of Israel; that Grace which nows extends to the world[ Isaiah 56:6,7].Yeshua is the conclusion of the beginning of Yahwehs Grace ; The Meshiach foretold by these men before Him ,for Yahwehs Son;Immanuel to live within His people. The death of the righteous atones. Yeshua ;The one righteous sent to become the many![Matthew 12:50]
I think everyone here would enjoy reading Dr. Constable's Notes on Isaiah
http://www.soniclight.com/constable/note...isaiah.pdf
It is not enough to say "Israel is not that servant"...
...you must say "That servant is the absence of Israel".
If you understand this, you will grasp the freedom it is, to serve that servant, in Israel.

When Jesus said "if you had known the time of your visitation" this is what he was talking about...
...noone who thinks they are the absence of Israel should be allowed to live.

The Father Himself Will Decree This, when the time has come to harvest the Earth (let the reader Walk circumspectly).

(if any man has Wisdom, he will defend his inheritance by the Word of God's Mouth, how ever he may come to be tested)
(08-07-2008, 11:04 PM)Fletch Wrote:
ThirdDay Wrote:...Are you saying zera are always biological?  If not, what are you claiming they are?...

... My point is that zera is clearly used figuratively multiple times in Scripture. ... sometimes of folks who will be adopted children, etc...

Hi ThirdDay,

Fletch here, a little off subject, but...

Jer 22:30 ...for no man of his("Jechonias's") seed shall prosper, sitting upon the throne of David, and ruling any more in Judah.
Mat 1
11.  And Josias begat Jechonias and his brethren, about the time they were carried away to Babylon:
12.  And after they were brought to Babylon, Jechonias begat Salathiel; and Salathiel begat Zorobabel;

I see you agree with me that the curse in Jer 22:30 applies to Jesus, I too have used Gen 38 in making the point.

Fletch

Hi Fletch - I see its been a very long time since this post, but I indeed, can clear this up for you if you are still on here and would like to know. God has all the answers and He when to great lengths to preserve and safeguard the Genelogy of Jesus. Would you still like to know the answer or have you already discovered this? Please let me know.....
Thank you much
Israel IS the suffering servant in Isaiah 52:13 - 53:12.

Only we have to determine which Israel it is. For there are several Israels.

Israel the patriarch (Jacob).
Israel anyone with that name.
Israel the Northern Kingdom.
Israel the Modern State.
Israel the people of Israel.

or, one more.

Israel (or more accurately Yisra'el) is an acronym from the three words:
Yish = he
Sarar = prince
Elohiym = God

And no one who knows anything about Judaism would deny that the ultimate Prince of God is the Messiah. The singleness of person being sacrificed for the many fits the language of Isaiah 53, whereas the plurality of persons does not. And if this is saying the Jews are the suffering servant... who are they suffering for? Gentiles?
Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

^ So powerful! Sin separates us from God. But by His love and grace, our Lord searches for us and brings us back home!

Luke 15:3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
Luke 15:4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
Luke 15:5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
Luke 15:6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.