Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hebrew Bible says not to go away from the law
A. Bird Wrote:So is circumcision important now or not? You say: "Before the Messiah arrives, you can choose to circumcise or not, and there's not much practical difference"...

For Jews, circumcision is important. In current times, if someone decides not to undergo circumcision, there is no real difference in day-to-day life. Ezekiel tells us that in the Messianic Age, circumcision will make a difference at least in regards to who can approach the Temple.

A. Bird Wrote:My goodness even a Gentile can get that information...

Right, but where do Gentiles get that information initially? The Torah never says where circumcision is done or how it is done. How do you know other peoples do it similar to Jews?

A. Bird Wrote:Is that why non-Christian Jews don't keep God's Laws anymore? Because they feel that they are not under that covenant anymore?

Actually, Jews who are faithful to G-D's Torah try their best to keep the commandments. It is the Christian community who believes G-D's Laws are no longer binding because they feel Jesus “fulfilled” it for them, despite the fact that they apply “forever,” even in the Messianic Age.

A. Bird Wrote:please give us further non-Christian explenation, how do you understand [Jeremiah 31:31]? When will this take place? Why do you need it, seeing that (despite you admitting to have left off listening to God's Laws) you still call on a Abrahamic covenant?

I’m going to continue from where you left off: “But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the L-RD, I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their G-D, and they shall be My people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the L-RD: for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the L-RD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”

This will take place in the Messianic Age. The Abrahamic covenant is that there will always be a Jewish People. Despite the fact that we broke the covenant which was made when we were led out of Egypt, i.e. to be loyal exclusively to G-D, nevertheless, we are still G-D’s people, and He will, hopefully soon, establish a new covenant wherein we will follow His laws very well and will no longer have missionaries hounding us, saying “know (who we believe is) the lord,” and we won’t even have to teach other Jews, saying “Know the L-RD,” for all of us will know G-D.

A. Bird Wrote:You didn't know, did you? He was baptised along with Nikodemus and his son.

Rabban Gamliel was never baptised.