Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seventh Day Rest Is A Commandment !
Deu 5:14 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

The christian fable of Sunday the sabbath falls on the first day breaking the commandment.
It is the seventh day rest not the first day rest.

What is the purpose of the "SEVENTH DAY REST" ?

As it was in the days of Noah, only eight people were saved.

As it was in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah, only a few were saved.

Christians tell the fairy tale of 1,000,000,000 christians so they must be correct they say.

Yeshua says will I even find " The Faith" when I come.

Many called few chosen.

All christians break the seventh day commandment, therefore they suffer from
"spiritual death", this is why we see so many different christian, denominations.
I have never met a christian yet who understood Torah.

The OT says that Gentiles can not be taught Torah, until they are circumcised
for Hashem, of both the heart and flesh.,

As was Abraham at age 99 he was circumcised for YHWH asked him to follow the Law.

The modern christians have perverted the law and prophets.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

Christians do not speak from the Law which they tell people that the OT is not
relevant today.

May Hashem bless your study of Torah.
(03-24-2013, 03:18 AM)Joshua888 Wrote: Deu 5:14 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

The christian fable of Sunday the sabbath falls on the first day breaking the commandment.

Christians tell the fairy tale of 1,000,000,000 christians so they must be correct they say.

Many called few chosen.

"spiritual death", this is why we see so many different christian, denominations.

As was Abraham at age 99 he was circumcised for YHWH asked him to follow the Law.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them.

relevant today.

No sabbath by Paul...We are in the age of Faith by Grace, No other commandment, than those below...And love GOD...

Rom_13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
(03-24-2013, 05:47 AM)IamBenny Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 03:18 AM)Joshua888 Wrote: Deu 5:14 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou.

Many called few chosen.

relevant today.

No sabbath by Paul...We are in the age of Faith by Grace, No other commandment, than those below...And love GOD...

Rom_13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Why do you follow Paul when he never met Yeshua? His vision on the road to damascus was seen by no one but him. You say no other commandments, but when he was confronted by the Jerusalem council about being non-Torah observant, he brought offerings even though Yeshua had already brought "the perfect" sacrifice. Your statement is not true.
Nachshon
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please state chapter and V. Stating that Paul brought offerings...

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified

2Pe_3:15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,

To follow Paul was ok for Peter. It is ok for me too...
(03-24-2013, 08:54 PM)IamBenny Wrote: Nachshon
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please state chapter and V. Stating that Paul brought offerings...

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
Gal 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Gal 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified

2Pe_3:15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,

To follow Paul was ok for Peter. It is ok for me too...
Read Acts 21:17-26. He was being accused of living against the law/Torah and was told to pay for purification rights for himself and others, and to bring the offerings associated with it to prove he followed the law. This was after Yeshua had died.

Notice that the gentile believers were being told to abstain from idolatry, blood, non kosher meat, and sexual immorality. All laws within the Torah.

Paul became an apostate shortly after this as is evidenced by the letters he wrote afterwards showing his hate for Torah including Galatians as you have quoted. This is what Deut 13:1-8 warns against - false prophets.

Follow who you want. I follow Hashem and his Torah.
I think there is a basic misunderstanding of the gospel here - there is no issue with anyone keeping the Law as a lifestyle - what Paul preached was that 'by the works of the Law will no man be JUSTIFIED' - the Galatians were being bamboozled into being circumcised as a means of being justified - this is not the gospel - for instance to practice Passover Seder or Sabbath worship is not a problem if it is merely a lifestyle decision BUT if it is done in place of trust in the completed work of Iesus then grace will be of no avail to you - point of fact - there was nothing wrong with what Paul did to help 4 men complete a vow unto the LORD
(03-25-2013, 12:31 PM)Oliver Wrote: I think there is a basic misunderstanding of the gospel here - there is no issue with anyone keeping the Law as a lifestyle - what Paul preached was that 'by the works of the Law will no man be JUSTIFIED' - the Galatians were being bamboozled into being circumcised as a means of being justified - this is not the gospel - for instance to practice Passover Seder or Sabbath worship is not a problem if it is merely a lifestyle decision BUT if it is done in place of trust in the completed work of Iesus then grace will be of no avail to you - point of fact - there was nothing wrong with what Paul did to help 4 men complete a vow unto the LORD
There was a concern he was no longer Torah observant by the Jerusalem council. If Yeshua's sacrifice was a once-and-for all perfect sacrifice, Paul would have had no need to bring these offerings.

His letters in Colosians and Galatians totally contradict the actions of the original disciples in Acts and what was decreed by the Jerusalem council.

Passover, Sabbath observance, abstaining from idols and their meat, non kosher meat, sexual immorality, etc., are all laws of the Torah. This is not a arbitrary lifestyle decision, it is the law of Hashem.

I previously showed you your incorrect assumptions regarding grace, and the Tanakh pattern where Torah observance shows one's heart and allows for Hashem to carry out the blessings He's spoken.

Besides, if Yeshua kept the Sabbath, why shouldn't all of this followers? Why do you follow Paul in this matter when it contradicts what Yeshua did? Do you really think you'll find Yeshua munching on a pork sandwich on Yom Kippur? Is this your idea of being justified - doing whatever you want, and being forgiven regardless?

Yeshua didn't complete everything. What about Deut 17:14-20? Has he reigned? Has he ruled by Torah and written copies for himself? Has he had children?
Quote:There was a concern he was no longer Torah observant by the Jerusalem council. If Yeshua's sacrifice was a once-and-for all perfect sacrifice, Paul would have had no need to bring these offerings.
Paul had no problem with Christian-Jews being Jewish ~ Paul had a problem with Jews causing Christian-Gentiles being forced to be Jewish ~ especially when it was suggested that Christian-Gentiles were no really Christians unless they subscribed to the Law ~ James was a Judaizer ~ James desired to control the liberty of other Christians by browbeating them into submitting to rules and regulations from which Christ had set them free ~ Paul never subscribed to the edict published from Jerusalem by James ~ there is no evidence in his writings that he agreed to its terms ~ in fact there may be evidence that he taught against it ~ Paul stated that according to the Law he was blameless thus indicating that he was Torah observant but he did not keep Torah to be JUSTIFIED ~ he kept Torah because he was a JEW ~ Paul stated that he attempted to be all things to all people ~ when he was among mostly Gentiles he act as a Gentile within the realm of practicum but when he was among mostly Jews he could without any qualm act as a Torah observant Jew.

Quote:His letters in Colossians and Galatians totally contradict the actions of the original disciples in Acts and what was decreed by the Jerusalem council.
Of course ~ because the Jerusalem edict totally contradicted the Gospel and attempted to put under bondage those who had been so recently set free.

Quote:Passover, Sabbath observance, abstaining from idols and their meat, non kosher meat, sexual immorality, etc., are all laws of the Torah. This is not arbitrary lifestyle decision; it is the law of Hashem.
Of course ~ but the Christian is set free from keeping the Law for righteousness ~ and especially Gentile Christians were not to be subjected to keeping the Law as a point of fellowship or membership in the body.

Quote:I previously showed you your incorrect assumptions regarding grace, and the Tanakh pattern where Torah observance shows one's heart and allows for Hashem to carry out the blessings He's spoken.
You showed me nothing but an attempt to obtain righteousness through works BUT I say righteousness is by grace through faith ALONE and apart from works less the worker have something to boast about ~ salvation is a free gift, it cannot be acquired by works, for if it were by works it would not be FREE.

Quote:Besides, if Yeshua kept the Sabbath, why shouldn't all of his followers? Why do you follow Paul in this matter when it contradicts what Yeshua did? Do you really think you'll find Yeshua munching on a pork sandwich on Yom Kippur? Is this your idea of being justified - doing whatever you want, and being forgiven regardless?
Until Iesus died and rose again He had not as yet fulfilled the requirements of the Law – therefore during His earthly walk He submitted Himself fully to meeting the requirements of the Law ~ as a result He is able to set free those who will trust in Him for their salvation.

Quote:Yeshua didn't complete everything. What about Deut 17:14-20? Has he reigned? Has he ruled by Torah and written copies for himself? Has he had children?
Iesus fulfilled all the requirements of the Law necessary to set me free from penalty of my sin ~ to do that He did not have to fulfill every requirement that you may deem necessary ~ after all He is coming again and there is plenty of time for Him to accomplish every requirement that YHVH may deem necessary.
(03-25-2013, 04:20 PM)Oliver Wrote: Of course ~ because the Jerusalem edict totally contradicted the Gospel and attempted to put under bondage those who had been so recently set free.
Wow, you admit that Paul contradicted the Jerusalem Council even though all scriptures are useful for edification. So, if the Gospel contradicts James, the brother of Yeshua, and Paul contradicts Deut 13:1-8, I'm amazed you're following a false prophet. The Gospel should align with the rest of the Tanakh, not the other way around.

(03-25-2013, 04:20 PM)Oliver Wrote: You showed me nothing but an attempt to obtain righteousness through works BUT I say righteousness is by grace through faith ALONE and apart from works less the worker have something to boast about ~ salvation is a free gift, it cannot be acquired by works, for if it were by works it would not be FREE.
I showed you what the Tanakh says, and you could not prove otherwise.
Hashem's Torah is righteousness, not YOUR standards.

(03-25-2013, 04:20 PM)Oliver Wrote: Iesus fulfilled all the requirements of the Law necessary to set me free from penalty of my sin ~ to do that He did not have to fulfill every requirement that you may deem necessary ~ after all He is coming again and there is plenty of time for Him to accomplish every requirement that YHVH may deem necessary.
By your own mouth Yeshua did not complete everything obligatory to him. And if he has to fulfill the remaining, Torah stilll remains, and you would be obligated too!

How ironic that you say we are not saved/justified by works, but yet we must be justified by someone else's works, namely Yeshua's. What a total contradiction, don't you think?
I am following the commandment of Iesus ~ Iesus is not a false prophet ~ I have been saved by His grace through faith in Who He represented Himself to be ~ the Messiah ~ the Lamb Who takes away the sin of the world ~ that is the Gospel - the Good News - if it were not true He would have told me.