Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with the NT
(09-03-2013, 08:12 PM)MessianicJew Wrote:
(08-27-2013, 08:32 AM)Nachshon Wrote: Deut 25:5-10.
Has nothing to do with marrying a non-Israelite.
Straight-forward dude - Ruth was involved in a levirate marriage as laid out in these verses.

(09-03-2013, 08:12 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: It doesn't have to say he sinned. Are you that inept? And the Lord never answered the blessing directly through a Prophet. Boaz and King David are both in the line of Jesse the root of Jesse is Jesus. Thankfully it passes through the Dads side. As Ruth is not a Israelite.
Right, it doesn't say he sinned, unlike Solomon. Why is that MJ? I've given you the answers already. J-sus doesn't have lineage through Jesse through your own admission.

(09-03-2013, 08:12 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: Jesus said God gave him the power to forgive men of their sins. It was Apostle John who made a comparison not a "connection". You assume.
That's nice. Fred says he's a god too! Who's Fred? Exactly.
J-sus didn't have blood on the doorposts - this puts your theory to shame.

(08-12-2013, 12:51 PM)Nachshon Wrote: Read Deut 4:1, 16:1-17. Exodus 12:5 says you can use a goat. How did Yeshua fulfill this? Was he the goat of the World too?
Exodus 12:5 says your lamb can be taken from sheep or goats. Lamb is a lamb though.

And Deuteronomy 4:1 is so easy seeing as you believe you don't have to keep much of the law anymore anyway.
Your right, it is easy when you have the heart for it.

(08-12-2013, 12:51 PM)Nachshon Wrote: So, stop evading the question. Please tell me how you keep all of the laws since Yeshua requires you to in Matthew 5:17-20.
I haven't kept the law that pertains to the heart, hatred, vengeance etc. that makes any of the commands I've kept void. My obedience then is nullified. That is why Christ is pure and the supernatural High Priest of Adonai who has been given the power to forgive men of their sins. Jesus atoned, it is up to him. He fulfilled it walking perfectly wholehearted before Adonai, no wrath hatred lust envy coveting etc.

I've kept Shabbat, Yom Kippor etc. But, Passover I haven't. Neither have you, and your works are void. Because Passover is a generational command that no seder attendance can fulfill.

You not keeping the commands is a bigger issue seeing as you are held to your own obedience. You don't get that not keeping those that you haven't kept are as bad as eating pork.
You have an issue since J-sus says you have to keep the law until heaven and earth disappear. No where in the NT does J-sus say his righteousness is yours. Please find this verse for me. I challenge you!
(09-03-2013, 08:12 PM)MessianicJew Wrote: You not keeping the commands is a bigger issue seeing as you are held to your own obedience. You don't get that not keeping those that you haven't kept are as bad as eating pork.
I don't think you understand that being willfully disobedient and thinking you have no reason to keep the law is worse than someone trying to keep the law.

If you can show me where J-sus says you don't have to keep the law anymore, and where his righteousness is yours, it would be very interesting. And please, don't show me anything from Paul. I'm asking for J-sus own words, since you follow him not Paul.
MessianicJew Wrote:
benyosef Wrote:Deuteronomy 16:3 explicitly directs us to offer the Pesach only “in the place G-D will choose to rest His name,” (i.e.) the Temple in Jerusalem (I Kings 8:43, Isaiah 18:7)…if all we had was Exodus 12, we might think that the Pesach can be offered outside Temple grounds. This is why we have Deuteronomy 16, so we know that the Pesach in Egypt was the exception to this rule.
The Temple was for prayer. In Joshua, they had passover, and you can't answer that…You're trying to eliminate Passover, but the Temple was for prayer, and the Tabernacle for sin sacrifices. The Passover is for neither.

I did answer it, and I will again: Joshua had the Tabernacle and lived before G-D found the place to rest His Name, so they were permitted to bring the Pesach in Gilgal.

The Temple was for prayer and to bring offerings; Solomon did both in I Kings 8.

Where do you get this idea that the Temple was for prayer and not sacrifice, while the Tabernacle was for sacrifice and not prayer?