Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Angelic Beings - Information Requested
(12-20-2013, 02:41 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 02:18 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 12:43 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 11:51 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: 1Ch:21:1 Satan rose up against Israel. He stirred up David to count the men of Israel.

DO YOU NOT EVEN KNOW THAT SATAN WAS and IS THE ENEMY OF GOD?
I stated before that "satan" in Hebrew means adversary, enemy, something standing against something else. A person can be their own adversary due ot their own sins.
You wrote: Spiritual angels did not fall from heaven. Where did they fall from if not Heaven?
Satan was once an anointed cherub not a human king.
Eze:28:14: Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezek 28:2,9-10 identifies the King of Tyre as a man.

Yes but keep reading it continues with the King of Tyre being anointed cherub.
Angelic wars Nachshon! Michael and Gabriel were fighting the fallen as in the book of Daniel. It would be ridiculous to say these powerful angels were fighting mere humans.
(12-20-2013, 02:48 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 02:41 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 02:18 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 12:43 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 11:51 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: 1Ch:21:1 Satan rose up against Israel. He stirred up David to count the men of Israel.

DO YOU NOT EVEN KNOW THAT SATAN WAS and IS THE ENEMY OF GOD?
I stated before that "satan" in Hebrew means adversary, enemy, something standing against something else. A person can be their own adversary due ot their own sins.
You wrote: Spiritual angels did not fall from heaven. Where did they fall from if not Heaven?
Satan was once an anointed cherub not a human king.
Eze:28:14: Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Ezek 28:2,9-10 identifies the King of Tyre as a man.

Yes but keep reading it continues with the King of Tyre being anointed cherub.
Angelic wars Nachshon! Michael and Gabriel were fighting the fallen as in the book of Daniel. It would be ridiculous to say these powerful angels were fighting mere humans.
Nothing in Tanakh talks about angelic wars. You might be referring to books of the Apocypha which are not authoritative but interesting to read.

These verse in Ezek 28 make reference to the King of Tyre being an anointed cherub. We know from Hebrew that anointed/mashiach means chosen/consecrated for a specific purpose. We also know that cherub comes from the Hebrew root "chaf-resh-bet", which is used for a vehicle of G-d's presence, Psalms 80:1(2). The land of Tyre was known for having cedars (1 Chr 14:1), and precious items (2 Chr 2:14) and helped with the supplies for the temple. In this way, the King of Tyre became inflated with ego thinking since he helped with G-d's house, that he was now greater than G-d.

One of the understandings regarding stars falling from heaven refers to the Jewish people, Gen 22:17. When the Jewish people are living up to their calling, then they are as the stars of heaven, elevated. But when they falter or are attacked, they are as the sand of the sea shore, downtrodden by men and their enemies. I believe this is what Dan 8:10-11 is making reference to.

This is all I will say on this subject. Like I said before, this is a big subject and not something I want to take up.

Shabbat Shalom.
Nachshon wrote
Nothing in Tanakh talks about angelic wars. You might be referring to books of the Apocypha which are not authoritative but interesting to read.

Archangel Michael and Satan against each other.
In Daniel 10 we see a battle take place between Demon Princes and Angels.
This chapter explains that Daniel was in mourning for three weeks and ate no meat or wine. During this time he receives a visit from an Angel of God. The Angel speaks these words to him.

13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future...

and again in Daniel 10:20-21

20 Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come;
21 but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.

Here we see that God sent an Angel to Daniel to explain a vision that he had received, the Angel had to fight the Prince of Persia for 21 days and needed the assistance of Michael to enable him to overcome this Demonic Prince in order to talk to Daniel. He also had to fight him again on his return. This shows us that there are Demonic Princes set over geographical areas, in this case Persia and Greece are mentioned.
(12-20-2013, 03:31 PM)Tanachreader Wrote: Nachshon wrote

This chapter explains that Daniel was in mourning for three weeks and ate no meat or wine. During this time he receives a visit from an Angel of God. The Angel speaks these words to him.

13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.
14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future...

20 Soon I will return to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I go, the prince of Greece will come;
21 but first I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. No one supports me against them except Michael, your prince.

Here we see that God sent an Angel to Daniel to explain a vision that he had received, the Angel had to fight the Prince of Persia for 21 days and needed the assistance of Michael to enable him to overcome this Demonic Prince in order to talk to Daniel. He also had to fight him again on his return. This shows us that there are Demonic Princes set over geographical areas, in this case Persia and Greece are mentioned.
Satan (adversaries) nor demons are mentioned in these verses. You're reading into these verses pre-conceived notions. Bye.
(12-20-2013, 03:39 PM)Nachshon Wrote:

Satan (adversaries) nor demons are mentioned in these verses. You're reading into these verses pre-conceived notions. Bye.
Lord reveal Satan to Nachshon!
How would you explain quotes in the Bible where it says that satan entered him, or that demons were cast out of that person and entered other places, or that satan tempts. I disagree with you. I am a retired nurse and have seen men/woman at time of death and I have also witnessed many kinds of people throughout my lifetime and I believe that demons exist and are under submission of the devil, or satan, that he will incarnate a mans body in these the last days.
I do agree with the statement for every evil there is good, there is one God, our Father, and his opposite is satan, a fallen angel, who made the wrong choice and put himself above God. Although we cannot blame satan for all evil that occurs, much of it is indeed by his hand alone. We have choice and it is a conscience will that protects us from him, when we put our minds on Gods word and trust in God, take our stands we most assuredly overcome the world through JESUS!!!

Apparently you don't wish to discuss that facts of demon possession, probably too afraid of sounding like a nut case, but for whatever reason you choose not to acknowledge that these occur and that satan speaks through others, at times, to deceive and to hurt us, those who belong to God need only recognize it, and know that God is not in them and trust in God alone. We need not fear so long as we have Jesus, His blood protects us from evil.
Did I neglect to mention an answer to prayer this last Saturday....Sabbath....God is indeed a good God! My prodical son contacted me and desired to see me and my family, I met him in a nearby city, despite bad weather. What a joy!!! He drove past us and I said to my family...THATS HIM...but they didn't believe me.....IT WAS HIM! We visited and what a blessing God gave to me....after waiting 10 long years!!!! Most prayers God answers immediately, but this one took longer, I feel satan was fighting it....But God always, always wins out!!! PTL! On the way home the storm grew worse and I saw many accidents, and at one point we spun on the freeway twice and ended up in the side ditch....without overturning....praises to God! But what I witnessed coming home was horrific, a car careening down the freeway sideways with two other cars right behind them coming straight for it. I just cried out to Jesus, and raised my right hand in prayer. I could only watch as they slammed on their brakes and pray.... I don't know why bad things happen but I know that with God life is good despite it and those who do not have Him are lost, more lost than just being lost, living in a darkness darker than night. The earth is filled with the love of God.Amen

Evil men do evil things and sometimes I ask God why He doesn't just vaporize them and rid us of them, maybe someday when Jesus returns this will happen. What a joy this earth will be without evil, and to walk and talk with Jesus, and to live in peace and happiness with our God. To this I strain. God bless you. Merry Jesusmas!!

For ten years I lived in that darkness, brought on by evil men from Yuba College, they know who they are, but in 1998 I walked back to God and from that day forward I know God is with me again, despite what they do, He shows me that when they do evil He alone turns it to good for us....take it to Him my brothers/sisters when bad happens He alone can heal and He lifts up, He does not destroy as satan does and PS Take your kids out of public schools, if you love them you will. I know JFJ supports them but they wrong on this matter, I will continue to ask God to show them the truth. God bless you.

God loves us. He might allow punishment but that too is for our good and works for good in our lives...We are indeed blessed because of JESUS
I feel I must add this because I think teaching is a God given talent and some of the public schools have great teachers, but is just not worth the risk, if you ask me. There are other options to public school attendance such as homeschooling, virtual classes, private schools, online courses. We cant protect our children from all harms but we dont have to make it harder on them by placing them in the proximity of harm and unfortunately the public school system has become a harbor of undesirable influences. Just fyi.
(12-20-2013, 07:20 AM)Nachshon Wrote: What we are being told is that darkness and evil are the absense of their opposites light and peace, i.e., without light it is dark, and without peace there is evil. If we attribute evil to G-d, then we cannot be responsbile for sin. And if we do not have free will, then evil does not have a potential either. It's a very interesting philosophical discussion.
Your correct in this statement. I never said YHVH was not Good. He is perfect Love, absent of any evil within Him. Yet in the Creation of Light ,darkness prevailed to create definition to Light, just as hate to Love.Yet Light, and Love will survive when darkness is no more.
In giving man both sources, man is able to choose whom He may serve, and become. We cannot fully understand yet until our fulfillment ,that Love does not exist without choice, or definition. This life is but a breath, a wave tossed in the ocean. It is man who created what evil is in the world, not G-D, and as I said we will understand when we feel what Pure Love is, void of the seed of the serpent. I believe in eternal life, and Heaven, where one day I hope we both shall live; Heaven on earth; when New Jerusalem lives on earth; the city of our Holy G-D. His Love is without limits, and His Peace reigns beyond understanding in my heart

I believe you agree from past posts, though YHVH created all things, doesn't mean what He Created is who He is, but rather He is Omnipotent, and Peace, and Love is who YHVH is. Evil has no part in Him.All things were created for Good, and so Love shall remain.

Blessing these days of Celebration of Hashems Love. I'll give answer to the other parts of your post , but have to go feed my animals.I am very interested in your thoughts, and studies on Nephilum. I would like to thank you for sharing your time here with us. You are greatly appreciated my friend.You are different than the others who have been here. I hope we can, and have found reason together. I believe there is only One Perfect Love; that is who YHVH is. In that Name do we both seek, and in Humility , and charity shall we find unity between us. Sometimes Names , and labels become walls, and hides who lives beyond the barrier of those Names
May the Goodness of Hashems Peace bless you, and family ,and give you Love and Peace in HIM, all the days of your life.

Isaiah 1:18 ; Luke 10:30-37

Shalom
(12-20-2013, 04:01 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 03:39 PM)Nachshon Wrote:

Lord reveal Satan to Nachshon!

God has Angels fighting satanick forces in al countries...
Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.