Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Angelic Beings - Information Requested
I am writing an expose on the Nephilim and having difficulty obtaining information on the Irinim, Sarim, Seraphim, Chayyot, and Ofanim. Also: are archangels separate from the other angels? Was HaSatan (Sama'el) a Cherubim? I was taught he was an archangel. Very confusing. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Blessings!
(05-07-2013, 05:35 PM)2iceblest Wrote: I am writing an expose on the Nephilim and having difficulty obtaining information on the Irinim, Sarim, Seraphim, Chayyot, and Ofanim. Also: are archangels separate from the other angels? Was HaSatan (Sama'el) a Cherubim? I was taught he was an archangel. Very confusing. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Blessings!
If you want a basic understanding of angels, I recommend reading the thread "Gen 1:26 - What is going on here?".
(12-18-2013, 05:51 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(05-07-2013, 05:35 PM)2iceblest Wrote: I am writing an expose on the Nephilim and having difficulty obtaining information on the Irinim, Sarim, Seraphim, Chayyot, and Ofanim. Also: are archangels separate from the other angels? Was HaSatan (Sama'el) a Cherubim? I was taught he was an archangel. Very confusing. Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Blessings!
If you want a basic underdstanding of angels, I recommend reading the thread "Gen 1:26 - What is going on here?".
I studied on this subject a few years back . The book of Enoch that was cut from the King James Bible for it's wide ranged controversy; too intense for the time period when they believed the world was flat.It was also believed the Book of Enoch was written by His grandson, but then even Genesis was written by Moses[maybe?] You can download Enochs full book on the internet, and study guides .

Here is a great study tool , and new finding's on the Nephilum.
http://beforeitsnews.com/prophecy/2013/1...nfo%2FjQQv

It's amazing I just read this yesterday, and then read your post today. G-D knows the future before it happens in our lives.He is a Great G-D YHVH.
(12-19-2013, 08:00 AM)Azriel Wrote:

Blessings!
If you want a basic underdstanding of angels, I recommend reading the thread "Gen 1:26 - What is going on here?".
I studied on this subject a few years back . The book of Enoch that was cut from the King James Bible for it's wide ranged controversy; too intense for the time period when they believed the world was flat.It was also believed the Book of Enoch was written by His grandson, but then even Genesis was written by Moses[maybe?] You can download Enochs full book on the internet, and study guides .

It's amazing I just read this yesterday, and then read your post today. G-D knows the future before it happens in our lives.He is a Great G-D YHVH.
Here are the verse in Tanakh that refer to nephilim: Gen 6:4, Num 13:33, Josh 8:25, Judg 20:46, 2 Kings 25:11, Psalms 145:14, Jer 39:9, 52:15, Ezek 32:22,24. I believe this ties into Psalms 82:6,7 with regards to the sons of G-d, rulers/judges.

In the NT, J-sus makes reference to angels and how they cannot marry, which implies no kids as well, Matthew 22:30, Luke 20:35.

So, I don't believe in spirits/angels mating with mankind.
(12-19-2013, 10:11 AM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-19-2013, 08:00 AM)Azriel Wrote:

Blessings!

Here are the verse in Tanakh that refer to nephilim: Gen 6:4, Num 13:33, Josh 8:25, Judg 20:46, 2 Kings 25:11, Psalms 145:14, Jer 39:9, 52:15, Ezek 32:22,24. I believe this ties into Psalms 82:6,7 with regards to the sons of G-d, rulers/judges.

In the NT, J-sus makes reference to angels and how they cannot marry, which implies no kids as well, Matthew 22:30, Luke 20:35.

So, I don't believe in spirits/angels mating with mankind.
You do know childbirth was a curse of the woman?[Genesis 3:16] and as far as population, Israel has done a very good job of fulfilling that prophesy.[Genesis 15:5]In heaven we live eternally, and the desire for sexual intercourse will be nothing compared to the joy we will feel! The Bible states the nephilim did in fact mate with the women before the flood of Noah.

The Nephilim were fallen angels, set loose to their own demise, as if a negative form , and positive form [good and evil]were split apart in creation. For every good, there is an equal number of evil .
I certainly believe the nepilim lived, and live today on earth. Sounds far fetched but Enoch referred to many angels scattered in the planets of the heavens. Azazel [satan] is most well known for his trials upon the earth. Maybe the nephilim are what people calll extra terrestrials?, .What I've seen in my life, most anything that is considered by some of having a wild imagination, is not out of reach.

I can't say I believe in evolution,[ perhaps de evolution],but archeological evidence continues to point to sub human species that evolved into modern day man, and scientists are always pressing to have proof of man's evolution , but so far fall short of the mark.. First they believed the Neanderthal to an ancestor of man, but later found their DNA was different than homo sapiens of today.I certainly don't believe in the earth being only 6,000 years old, but millions, or billions years old; There certainly is evidence of a pre endemic civilization on earth[plants, insects ,dinosaurs etc.] but still can't link man to evolution. Certainly time to G-D is eternal without end., or beginning. David said a 1000 years to the Lord is like a breath of yesterday past.[Pslam 90:4]

In question to marrying; The angels of Heaven are obedient to YHVH . The fallen angels had no restraint, or conviction .I certainly believe the nephilim exist by Bible scripture alone. Probably the president is one[ha, ha.not tall enough]One of the great theological question today is; if angels do not make choices, and are completely obedient, then how did the angels fall from Heaven, unless they were of created design to do so .G-D did say;

Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

I suspect without hate, Love is undefined. Without choice; Love does not exist, I suspect Nephilim were of created design, but then one could question the Mind of G-D, or instead realize what G-D's Plan for mankind will be in the near future; It's a heartbeat away; Paradise, and of course the answer to the question. Of course then you would have to believe in Yeshua Meshiach. I can't find any sense in this world without Him.But I'm sure ,many opinions will be opposite to mine.
(12-20-2013, 06:05 AM)Azriel Wrote: You do know childbirth was a curse of the woman?[Genesis 3:16] and as far as population, Israel has done a very good job of fulfilling that prophesy.[Genesis 15:5]In heaven we live eternally, and the desire for sexual intercourse will be nothing compared to the joy we will feel! The Bible states the nephilim did in fact mate with the women before the flood of Noah.
Nephilim are nothing but fallen men, fallen rulers, who dominated the earth and took women as they desired. If you look at all of the references for the word in the verses I gave, you can see that. Since angels/rulers/judges are also called elohim in Psalms 82:6-7, we know that Genesis refers to rulers not angels as mating with women. J-sus' teaching should also corroborate this for you.

(12-20-2013, 06:05 AM)Azriel Wrote: In question to marrying; The angels of Heaven are obedient to YHVH . The fallen angels had no restraint, or conviction .I certainly believe the nephilim exist by Bible scripture alone. Probably the president is one[ha, ha.not tall enough]One of the great theological question today is; if angels do not make choices, and are completely obedient, then how did the angels fall from Heaven, unless they were of created design to do so .G-D did say;
My understanding of angels is not like yours. Spiritual angels did not fall from heaven. The only demons are in our own minds, ourselves. We are our own Satans (adversaries), our own temptations, our own evil desires. We can't blame it on someone else, but the problem is us. This topic is quite lengthy and extensive and I don't think I can cover it in this forum. Suffice to say that the word "satan" is used in Tanakh in several ways (Num 22:22,32; 1 Sam 29:4; Psalms 38:20), and the stars falling from heaven (angels) I believe refer to the Jewish people (Gen 22:17; Ex 32:13; Isa 14:13; Dan 8:10).

(12-20-2013, 06:05 AM)Azriel Wrote: Isaiah 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
This verse is a big source of confusion. Many take this literally to mean G-d created darkness and evil. A little study of the Hebrew clarifies this. The Hebrew for forming from something is yotzer (light), for creating from nothing is bore (night). For peace we oseh (make from something, to complete), and for evil we see bore (create) again.

What we are being told is that darkness and evil are the absense of their opposites light and peace, i.e., without light it is dark, and without peace there is evil. If we attribute evil to G-d, then we cannot be responsbile for sin. And if we do not have free will, then evil does not have a potential either. It's a very interesting philosophical discussion.
1Ch:21:1 Satan rose up against Israel. He stirred up David to count the men of Israel.

DO YOU NOT EVEN KNOW THAT SATAN WAS and IS THE ENEMY OF GOD?

Psalms:109:6: Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.

Zec:3:1: And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
Zec:3:2: And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?

King of Tyrus and Babylon is satan the ruler of this disobedient world

Isa:14:12: How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Also Eze:28:12-19
Eze:28:14: Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
Eze:28:15: Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

Re:2:24: But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
(12-20-2013, 11:51 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: 1Ch:21:1 Satan rose up against Israel. He stirred up David to count the men of Israel.

I stated before that "satan" in Hebrew means adversary, enemy, something standing against something else. A person can be their own adversary due to their own sins.
(12-20-2013, 12:43 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 11:51 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: 1Ch:21:1 Satan rose up against Israel. He stirred up David to count the men of Israel.

I stated before that "satan" in Hebrew means adversary, enemy, something standing against something else. A person can be their own adversary due ot their own sins.

You wrote: Spiritual angels did not fall from heaven. Where did they fall from if not Heaven?
Satan was an anointed cherub not a human king.
Eze:28:14: Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
(12-20-2013, 02:18 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(12-20-2013, 12:43 PM)Nachshon Wrote:

I stated before that "satan" in Hebrew means adversary, enemy, something standing against something else. A person can be their own adversary due ot their own sins.
You wrote: Spiritual angels did not fall from heaven. Where did they fall from if not Heaven?
Satan was an anointed cherub not a human king.
Ezek 28:2,9-10 identifies the Prince/King of Tyre as a man.