Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Descendent of David
JACOB was JOSEPH'S FATHER
HELI was JOSEPH'S FATHER IN LAW
Matthew 1 declares Jesus as the son of David. Then FINISHES with Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
It just shows that Mary's husband Joseph was of the Tribe of Judah. M't:1:16: And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary..

Luke clearly shows Jesus as a decendant of David with Mary's Husband Joseph as the Son in Law of Heli.
Lu:3:23: And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

Mary's genealogy is given in Luke 3. She was of the tribe of Judah and the lineage of David (Ps. 132:11; Luke
1:32). She was connected by marriage with Elisabeth, who was of the lineage of Aaron (Luke 1:36).

Jesus descended from David then Nathan.
Tanachreader Wrote:1Ki:11:11: Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant…1Ki:11:12: Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.

I’m a little confused as to what you’re trying to prove. We both agree that Solomon’s son lost some aspect of his kingdom, but Scripture is equally clear that the line of Davidic kings reigned until just before the fall of Temple I. I am aware Zedekiah was the last king, but what does that do for your claims? There were no kings from David between him and now, so what’s your point?

It seems we both agree that Hosea 3:4-5 is true, that the Jews will again have a Davidic king in the latter days, and not, as “MHC” thinks, that the Jews will ultimately convert to Christianity, because that would contradict Zechariah 8:23 which says the nations will come to the Jews asking about how to serve G-D, and not to those who believe in Christianity.

Tanachreader Wrote:JACOB was JOSEPH'S FATHER. HELI was JOSEPH'S FATHER IN LAW.
Matthew 1 declares Jesus as the son of David. Then FINISHES with Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus…It just shows that Mary's husband Joseph was of the Tribe of Judah. M't:1:16: And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary. Luke clearly shows Jesus as a decendant of David with Mary's Husband Joseph as the Son in Law of Heli. Mary's genealogy is given in Luke 3. She was of the tribe of Judah and the lineage of David (Ps. 132:11; Luke 1:32). She was connected by marriage with Elisabeth, who was of the lineage of Aaron (Luke 1:36).
Jesus descended from David then Nathan.

WHERE do you get the IDEA that HELI was Joseph’s FATHER-IN-LAW? Maybe Jacob was Joseph’s father-in-law and Heli was his father? Maybe Heli and Jacob both adopted Joseph?

But let’s say Joseph was Heli’s son-in-law: What does that have to do with Joseph’s lineage? It’s clear from Numbers 1:18 that the woman’s tribe has no bearing on the child’s tribe, and your lineages fully accept this concept (since no women are mentioned). So what good is it to say that Lk 3 speaks of Mary’s lineage, especially when using a non-royal lineage?

In short, Mt 1 proves that anyone mentioned after Jeconiah (including Joseph and Jesus) is cursed and has no chance sitting on David’s throne, and Lk 3 proves that anyone mentioned after Nathan, though he may be from David, has no right to the throne.