Bible Options Bible Study Software
New Old Guy
I live in Downtown San Diego, so it appears the closest congregation to me is Los Angeles?

I studied Christianity as a Jehovah's Witness for many years, but as I read the bible, I saw no statement from Jesus to abandon the Jewish "Church", so I recently began attending a regular meeting with a Rabbi in San Diego, knowing my belief in Jesus might eventually cause a division between me and the Rabbi.

I began feeling it this week, as the Rabbi explained in the Jewish faith, there is no requirement to proselytize. I feel a need, a requirement to "bear fruit", and I can't imagine not wanting to share something good.

People routinely take pictures of average to decent meals and share them on the web, so something life-giving would seem to merit telling others. I believe in Jesus as the Son of God, and not God, himself.

I first became acquainted with Jews-For-Jesus after running the Bay To Breakers many years ago, and while so many religious people were cursing runners, telling them their destruction was approaching, the pamphlets passed out be JFJs were biblical and encouraging, showing love. Even when I was a JW, I thought there was something special about this organization, but as I did more independent reading of scriptures, it seemed to lead me here.

After seeing Rabbi Skobac, I am convinced I somehow landed where I need to be, learning the teaching Jesus actually practiced.[/font]
(07-11-2013, 06:40 PM)ToLearnAndObey Wrote: I live in Downtown San Diego, so it appears the closest congregation to me is Los Angeles?

I studied Christianity as a Jehovah's Witness for many years, but as I read the bible, I saw no statement from Jesus to abandon the Jewish "Church", so I recently began attending a regular meeting with a Rabbi in San Diego, knowing my belief in Jesus might eventually cause a division between me and the Rabbi.

I began feeling it this week, as the Rabbi explained in the Jewish faith, there is no requirement to proselytize. I feel a need, a requirement to "bear fruit", and I can't imagine not wanting to share something good.

People routinely take pictures of average to decent meals and share them on the web, so something life-giving would seem to merit telling others. I believe in Jesus as the Son of God, and not God, himself.

I first became acquainted with Jews-For-Jesus after running the Bay To Breakers many years ago, and while so many religious people were cursing runners, telling them their destruction was approaching, the pamphlets passed out be JFJs were biblical and encouraging, showing love. Even when I was a JW, I thought there was something special about this organization, but as I did more independent reading of scriptures, it seemed to lead me here.

After seeing Rabbi Skobac, I am convinced I somehow landed where I need to be, learning the teaching Jesus actually practiced.[/font]

Shalom, ToLearnAndObey, and welcome to the Jews for Jesus Forums!

We hope you will enjoy posting comments here, and also exploring the rest of this web site. In sections such as "Answers" and "About Us," you will see what we believe and why we believe it.

You are welcome to contact Jews for Jesus headquarters (through this web site, you can use the "contact" section) to locate a congregation near you.

In these Forums, we welcome a wide range of beliefs and opinions, knowing that Jesus ultimately will have the last word. Although comments sometimes become rather pointed, we ask our participants to be courteous to each other.

Thanks again, and we hope you will enjoy your time here.

God bless you,
Moderator MAlan