Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dear Jews, Jesus is the Messiah!
(12-13-2013, 11:18 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: Hi benyosef,
Jesus says “…one jot or tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.”
When? When “all be fulfilled.”
The fulfillment of the books of the law and the prophets was accomplished by Jesus fulfilling the many Messianic prophecies that spoke of His arrival, ministry, rejection, making a New Covenant with his death and Resurection.
You're playing games Tanachreader. What does Matthew 5:17-20 say? Nothing from the Torah passes away until heaven and earth pass away.
This has not happened!

You're teaching the anulment of the commandments which J-sus warned against. He also says he doesn't know you in Matthew 7:23. If he is going to fulfill more future prophecies then you should be careful with Matthew 7:23.
(12-15-2013, 06:31 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
Jesus says “…one jot or tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, TILL ALL BE FULFILLED.”
The fulfillment of the books of the law and the prophets was accomplished by Jesus fulfilling the many Messianic prophecies that spoke of His arrival, ministry, rejection, making a New Covenant with his death and Resurection.
You're playing games Tanachreader. What does Matthew 5:17-20 say? Nothing from the Torah passes away until heaven and earth pass away.
This has not happened!

You're teaching the anulment of the commandments which J-sus warned against. He also says he doesn't know you in Matthew 7:23. If he is going to fulfill more future prophecies then you should be careful with Matthew 7:23.

1) Moral Law - as in the 10 Commandments (only the keeping of the Sabbath is not commanded in the NT)
2) Ceremonial Law - as seen in the shadows and types in the Tabernacle, the Jewish sacrificial system, the Feast days
3) Civil Law - the judicial laws that governed the nation of Israel in the OT - e.g., the cities of refuge, stoning for certain offenses, etc

Jesus fulfilled all of these aspects of the Law. In the NT, only the moral law remains applicable to the believer. The ceremonial and civil law are not abolished but as Jesus stated "fulfilled" in Him.
(12-16-2013, 07:18 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: 1) Moral Law - as in the 10 Commandments (only the keeping of the Sabbath is not commanded in the NT)
2) Ceremonial Law - as seen in the shadows and types in the Tabernacle, the Jewish sacrificial system, the Feast days
3) Civil Law - the judicial laws that governed the nation of Israel in the OT - e.g., the cities of refuge, stoning for certain offenses, etc

Jesus fulfilled all of these aspects of the Law. In the NT, only the moral law remains applicable to the believer. The ceremonial and civil law are not abolished but as Jesus stated "fulfilled" in Him.
It's amazing how much you play around with your own messiah's words. Matthew 5:17 doesn't say that once fulfilled the Torah is done away with. Matthew 5:19 clarifies this because heaven and earth are still here. Also, the same Greek word for fulfilled, pleroo (verify), is found in Matthew 3:15, Romans 15:13, Col 1:25. At no time is this word meant to mean diminished.

Look at the word for destroy, kataluo (to loosen down), it is also found in Matthew 26:61, Luke 19:7, Acts 5:39.
(12-16-2013, 07:18 AM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(12-15-2013, 06:31 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
This has not happened!

1) Moral Law - as in the 10 Commandments (only the keeping of the Sabbath is not commanded in the NT)

The Law as given to Moses, that was carved in stone, no longer has sway over the Christian because with the coming of the Holy Spirit YHVH has 'written' His will for us on our new hearts of flesh, the Christian is no longer compelled by Law to do the things that please God, the Christian is compelled by Love to do the things that please God 'for Love is the fulfillment of the Law'.

John 3:16-18 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.”

Matt 22:37-40 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

John 15:9-12 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”

As Paul delineates in 1 Cor 13 without Love the Christian is nothing.
(12-19-2013, 12:31 PM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: The Law as given to Moses, that was carved in stone, no longer has sway over the Christian because with the coming of the Holy Spirit YHVH has 'written' His will for us on our new hearts of flesh, the Christian is no longer compelled by Law to do the things that please God, the Christian is compelled by Love to do the things that please God 'for Love is the fulfillment of the Law'.
Deut 6:4-5,7:9,11:1,13,30:16; Psalms 119:47-48,127; Joshua 22:5.

The Torah pleases G-d, and the spirit as well, Ezek 36:26-27.

Proverbs 28:9
Tanachreader Wrote:The fulfillment of the books of the law and the prophets was accomplished by Jesus fulfilling the many Messianic prophecies…There are many prophecies that yet are not completed

You contradict yourself here.

In any event, despite all you’ve said, you have still left many things unexplained. We know clearly from Scripture that the Messiah will be a mortal being (Isaiah 11:2-3), a descendant of Jesse (11:1) and of David (II Samuel 7:12-16), and will rule when the Jews are all keeping the laws of the Torah (Ezekiel 37:24). What is not stated clearly is that the Messiah will be rejected, will die, and will resurrect. It would seem that such concepts are anathema to Torah, but were later inventions to support the cause of a person who did not live up to Messianic fulfillment in his lifetime. Thus, why put your faith in a man who died, rather than wait for the one who will actually reign when the world reaches its promised utopian age?

Tanachreader Wrote:And thus as Scripture properly details, the Mosaic law “vanished” away as the New Covenant was established with the death and shed blood of Christ.

The Law of Moses didn’t vanish, for the Jews will be keeping it as a direct result of the Messianic Age (Jeremiah 31:33-34, Ezekiel 37:24).

Tanachreader Wrote:The sceptre had departed from Judah, according to the prophecy of Genesis 49:10 (the "sceptre" being the authority of the Sanhedrin to judge capital cases, which was lost at about 6 or 7 C.E. when Yeshua was a child). Yeshua knew that things would get worse and worse, and in Matt. 24:1-2 he prophesied the destruction of the Temple, an event that occurred in 70 C.E.

How do you arrive at the conclusion that the scepter Jacob spoke of in Genesis 49 means the authority of the Sanhedrin to judge capital cases?

Additionally, Daniel 9, written way before Jesus, speaks of the destruction of the Second Temple. Jesus probably knew this, so all he was doing was relating what he knew from Scripture. How can this be considered prophecy?
Joh_5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh_8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
Rom_13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
I'm sorry, IamBenny, but I'm not at all clear on what you're trying to say. What was said that prompted you to respond with three Greek Testament verses?