Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you were on a deserted island what...
I was asked this question the other day," If you were on a deserted island and could have two things what would they be?".....besides the obvious answer a boat and a map I chose my family and my Bible. What would you choose? The person asking said hed heard everything from a cell phone to a car.
If people can choose for a family?
Then I choose ''our Nation and Tefillin/phylacteries''
The rest we can rebuild ourselves.
(08-20-2013, 07:35 AM)HOPE7 Wrote: I was asked this question the other day," If you were on a deserted island and could have two things what would they be?".....besides the obvious answer a boat and a map I chose my family and my Bible. What would you choose? The person asking said hed heard everything from a cell phone to a car.

A rescue team...
(09-02-2013, 12:21 PM)Joseph64 Wrote:
(08-20-2013, 07:35 AM)HOPE7 Wrote: I was asked this question the other day," If you were on a deserted island and could have two things what would they be?".....besides the obvious answer a boat and a map I chose my family and my Bible. What would you choose? The person asking said hed heard everything from a cell phone to a car.

A rescue team...

Does anyone here remember that wonderful commercial that parodied the Tom Hanks movie "Castaway"? I guess it was a FedEx commercial (it's probably on YouTube).

If I remember correctly, his character is once again back in America, clutching the one FedEx package that he had refused to open on his deserted island, because he wanted to deliver it someday to its rightful owner.

The parody showed the recipient opening the box in front of him -- and it contained things such as boxes of matches, a flashlight, a fishing rod, and lots of other things that he desperately needed back on the island. (I may be remembering some of those items incorrectly, but anyway...)

What a hoot that was.
(09-02-2013, 12:52 PM)MAlan Wrote:
(09-02-2013, 12:21 PM)Joseph64 Wrote:

A rescue team...

Does anyone here remember that wonderful commercial that parodied the Tom Hanks movie "Castaway"? I guess it was a FedEx commercial (it's probably on YouTube).
Yes, I do remember, good movie...Smile
If I remember correctly, his character is once again back in America, clutching the one FedEx package that he had refused to open on his deserted island, because he wanted to deliver it someday to its rightful owner.

The parody showed the recipient opening the box in front of him -- and it contained things such as boxes of matches, a flashlight, a fishing rod, and lots of other things that he desperately needed back on the island. (I may be remembering some of those items incorrectly, but anyway...)

What a hoot that was.