Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Yom Kippur
I appreciate the reminder in Gods word to reconcile with our brothers/sisters before we offer our gifts or prayers to God. I don't think I do this as much as I should and I don't recall being reminded much of this when I was going to church regularly, so I do think this was a very good comment, an excellent reminder to all of us.
Its humbling and rare but it must please God to know that hurts can be healed and peace can be achieved by reconciliation. I don't feel called to do this with those who are my enemies though, just my fellow servants and brothers/sisters.
I know Jesus said to love your enemies and pray for them, I do, I appreciate them, where it not for them Matt. 5 blessing would not be mine today and I pray that they will turn from their masonic, secularism back to God and start doing what is right but whether they do or not I am veiled from them, they are of no concern of mine, my hands are washed clean of them.
I think of the day Jesus paid the price for ALL of us on that cross, on that mount in Israel and the veil was torn, allowing ALL of us direct access to God through the blood of Jesus, what an humbling thought! Then to know that today God takes that same strong veil and separates the sheep from the goats and I know they are on the other side of that veil and no matter what happens they cannot cross over without Jesus! God is with you JFJ stand strong, our enemies are crafty but God is more crafty! Heaven truly rules, forever!
A comment first on your post of 27/09/2013

Well you are partly right about the Christian ideals that are spoken of. In a cense that is not bad, I understand that Jews who become Christians also speak about that kind of ideals. But I hardly discover persons speaking here much about a Jewish connection, how Jews interpret texts or religion etc.
I am not sure how many people at the moment on this forum of JFJ are actually Jewish. But indeed by speaking with people from different denominations openly people can grow and learn.
Indeed Christians know a lot about the bible, not all read our part of it, but a lot do. I meant more that they don't get how we read it, but have often explanations about ''how Jews are'', taking that mainly from the New Testament or theologies.

Christians don't have to honor Yom Kippur but Jewish Christians should, because it's written that The Almighty gave the law for all generations. The bible is their for all of us, some laws are specifically given to Jews, but indeed it's not a exclusive thing. The Almighty is there for everyone. HE provided the oppertunity since the beginning, it's not since the parable in a Christian Testament.
Dialogue could be a good thing, if people respect indeed eachothers points of view, and if they can respect that there are, and will stay differences.

Quote:I would love to know more about what you feel the term " living under the law" means to a Jewish person and what you think it means to a non-Jewish person.
Well we don't call it ''under the law'', we don't have such a concept. He gave us the rulings to live by it, and to live with it.
It's more like a lawbook of a state or nation. So we can't suddenly say, ''we are free of the law''. Then a country might turn into chaos. If you break one of the laws, we might go in prison or get a punisment, or grace. Or we have to explain why we found it necessary. Sabbath is a law, but saving an animal is another law, so we should reason what is also important if one law should be overruled by another law.
But it doesn't mean that ''if we break one law, we broke it all''.
A non-Jewish person should live by the laws that are written in the bible for them. Not to kill etc. are we suddenly free from that law? I hope not. To honor God, to keep Sabbath as is some of the ten commandments. It's written not to eat blood. etc.etc. It is not written that non Jews should keep all the rules that are given to Jews, so nobody has to become more Jewish or so. Only it is commanded that Jews should stay Jewish, and keep also their laws.
Good week.
Thank you for your kind reply. I so agree with much of what you mentioned regarding if one law supersedes another. I agree that the world would be chaos without laws but laws without punishment are unless...we are fast approaching this dilemma. So laws and punishment tend to go hand-in-hand.

The only thing I think we might disagree upon is the fact that Jesus paid Gods laws punishment for us, we don't need to sacrifice animals in order to be free of our sin, nor do we require priests to pray or intercede for us since we also have the best mediator ever, Jesus. We can know go boldly before Gods throne and plead our case with Him directly. How awesome is that!

But on most of what you said I do agree. I put my trust in the word of God in regards to laws and punishment, and realize that with much of life's wrongs we reap what we have sown here on earth, but of spiritual indiscretions, we will answer to an Almighty God in heaven one day, and when that moment comes if one accepts Jesus as Messiah, Revelations Lamb, we will have a mediator that will argue our defense. I can imagine it could go something like this...

My name will be called and I will step forward to answer to God for leaving my faith, after I was attacked for my testimony about Jesus and of speaking out against the sin that destroys our country, and sinning by not trusting in God to take care of me. When I have no answer to give to God worthy of Him, His son Jesus will step forward and show God his hands and feet and my sins will be absolved.

When I think of such a moment what would I owe someone who would take my punishment for me, in obedience to God, so that I might have victory too. I owe Jesus everything. He is the Lamb that takes away the sins of the world. He alone is worthy!

Well I hope you have a blessed day. I don't know what will happen on Judgement day but I do know that Jesus is the Lamb of God and I can trust God and His son Jesus!
Quote:All vows, obligations, oaths, anathemas, whether called "konam", "konas", or by any other name, which we may vow, or swear, or pledge, or whereby we may be bound, from this Day of Atonement unto the next, (whose happy coming we await), we do repent. May they be deemed absolved, forgiven, annulled, and void and made of no effect; they shall not bind us nor have power over us. The vows shall not be reckoned vows; the obligations shall not be obligatory; nor the oaths be oaths. (Kol Nidre)

The above is a vow or anathema vowed on the Day of Atonement and therefore is, according to itself, "deemed absolved, forgiven, annulled, and void and made of no effect". Those who vow the above, break the above since vowing it makes it "of no effect". Also, all vows "from this Day of Atonement unto the next, (whose happy coming we await)", except Kol Nidre, are not annulled because Kol Nidre annuls itself. Thus this

Quote:When thou shalt vow a vow unto the LORD thy God, thou shalt not slack to pay it: for the LORD thy God will surely require it of thee; and it would be sin in thee. (Deuteronomy 23.21)

holds good. In particular, because Kol Nidre is a vow that breaks the vow Kol Nidre, the mere utterance of Kol Nidre will surely be required of him that utters it.