Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scepter Departed and Messiah came
Tricia73, I looked at Jerusalem Sanhedrin, page 24 A and B, and saw nothing that even hints to what you quoted. Did you see this source yourself inside, or did someone tell you that that is what it says there? It’s hard for me to believe you take people at their word when they tell you something, especially if it’s possible to look it up yourself. I also do not believe you hold the Talmud in any esteem, so I’m curious why you bring it up.

I understand that some Biblical passages are too complex to completely articulate on this forum, but that’s where the 3000-character limit on this forum is advantageous: I am forced to clearly summarize my position and use precise supporting texts. Then, if I can’t cover a single idea in one post, do I really know it clearly?
(02-09-2014, 07:32 PM)benyosef Wrote: Tricia73, I looked at Jerusalem Sanhedrin, page 24 A and B, and saw nothing that even hints to what you quoted. Did you see this source yourself inside, or did someone tell you that that is what it says there? It’s hard for me to believe you take people at their word when they tell you something, especially if it’s possible to look it up yourself. I also do not believe you hold the Talmud in any esteem, so I’m curious why you bring it up.

I understand that some Biblical passages are too complex to completely articulate on this forum, but that’s where the 3000-character limit on this forum is advantageous: I am forced to clearly summarize my position and use precise supporting texts. Then, if I can’t cover a single idea in one post, do I really know it clearly?
I took the original part from Chuck Missler's works (who I mentioned to you in PMs previously). I've done many of his studies and he has always shown to be extremely reliable (never contriving anything, and admiting if something is not well established, etc); plus i looked at many other commentaries on the internet which said exactly the same thing/same quotes. I did not personally look it up in the Talmud because I am not familiar with it and don't have the time to cross check everything (i wish I had more time to do an indepth study of everthing but i don't at this point in time, so i pick sources that have proven reliable in the past).

Looks like what you looked up is not the same because you are not referring to the folios, etc.

Also, i would just point out that you are merely assuming that I don't hold the Talmud in any esteem...I have actually never specifically thought of the level of esteem I hold the Talmud, and I have never examined it myself. I will say that I hold the Holy Scriptures - bot the Old and the New Testament - in extremely high esteem and to the extent the Talmud is consistent, those particular parts I would also esteem highly.

And yes, just because you can't clearly say one point easily in a post doesn't mean you don't know it clearly. Can a Quantum physicist convey to you each of his ideas clearly in one post each???? I don't think so. Plus it's possible to know something really well, but just not be good with words or good at arguing.

I admitted previously that I have not studied Jewish documents before other than the Old Testament Bible. I do believe the Old Testament is just as God-breathed as the New Testament, and I know them both to be 100% true through much study and my personal relationship with Jesus Christ (and confirming witness of Holy Spirit).

I write posts to get to the truth, not to argue. Hopefully this thread will show you that all things in the Old Testament point to Y'shua (Jesus), our Lord and Savior.