Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anointing of Messiah
Is there any mention of Yeshua being anointed like the anointing of the Levites (Aaron)? Are we to relate the mikveh(baptizim) in the river with Yochanan to this? Should we be looking for the same oil based anointing of Aaron in reguards to Messiah or are we to be more spacifically focussed on the spiritual anointing of authority?.... I can't recall a (oil) anointing of Messiah prior to his ministry other than that of Yochanan (by water) and only recall the woman with tears and oil and the relative that anointed Messiah's body. Thanks for any responces and may they be blessed of the Father.
King Messiah David, was annointed 3 times.
Jesus was not annointed by the prophets, recognized by the Sanhedrin, nor recognized by the people as a King or Messiah. So he just has to wait.
In Judaism their is not such an idea, that you can only spiritualize things.
Torah was given so we will live with it, and live by it.
If Jesus is a priest in the order of Melhizedek, that statement claims that he didn't had to go according to a Jewish system, so then maybe he is annointed but, not within a Jewish framework, he did step out of the system that The Almighty gave to Jews, so maybe he converted out.
(10-30-2013, 08:16 PM)Yetzirah Wrote: King Messiah David, was annointed 3 times.
Jesus was not annointed by the prophets, recognized by the Sanhedrin, nor recognized by the people as a King or Messiah. So he just has to wait.
In Judaism their is not such an idea, that you can only spiritualize things.
Torah was given so we will live with it, and live by it.
If Jesus is a priest in the order of Melhizedek, that statement claims that he didn't had to go according to a Jewish system, so then maybe he is annointed but, not within a Jewish framework, he did step out of the system that The Almighty gave to Jews, so maybe he converted out.

God gave the honor of anointing Jesus to women, instead of to the elders who were rejecting Jesus. The Prophet Samuel actually said that it was God who anointed David. What Samuel did in pouring oil on David was only a sign but the actual anointing was done by God.
1Sa:10:1
Luke 4:18
Acts 10:38
Jesus was recognized by the people as Messiah but Not those who had HIJACKED Jerusalem and the Temple.
Joh:2:23: Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.
Joh:8:30: As he spake these words, many believed on him.
Joh:10:42: And many believed on him there.
Joh:12:42: Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
Ac:9:42: And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.

Point raised:
Jewish believers would not hang out with those who called Jesus a devil.
These believers would eventually assimilate with Gentile believers, other countries.

Messiah was anointed by person's of HIS Kingdom as David was. Not by His Enemies. The women who anointed Jesus were led by the Holy Spirit.
(10-30-2013, 11:11 AM)Refugee Wrote: Is there any mention of Yeshua being anointed like the anointing of the Levites (Aaron)? Are we to relate the mikveh(baptizim) in the river with Yochanan to this? Should we be looking for the same oil based anointing of Aaron in reguards to Messiah or are we to be more spacifically focussed on the spiritual anointing of authority?.... I can't recall a (oil) anointing of Messiah prior to his ministry other than that of Yochanan (by water) and only recall the woman with tears and oil and the relative that anointed Messiah's body. Thanks for any responces and may they be blessed of the Father.

Thanks for the question. I did read some other thought provoking verses conecting anointing with the breaking of yokes, when looking for an answer to this.

My first reaction though, would be;
Why would a levitical anointing come into question when thinking about Messiah?
Messiah's priesthood is eternal and pure, while the Levites' priesthood was temporal and often corrupt.
I think Yetzirah is spot on in saying that our Lord is a priest according to Melhizedek, the Melhizedek to whom Abraham paid tithes.
This is fitting, according to Messiah's own words Before Abraham was, I am.
A levitical anointing cannot apply, anointing must come from above.

Another anointing, however, was brought into connection with Y'shua and by Y'shua himself.
He read:

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me.
He has anointed me to tell the good news to poor people.
He has sent me to announce freedom for prisoners.
He has sent me so that the blind will see again.
He wants me to free those who are beaten down.
And he has sent me to announce the year when he will set his people free.”

from Isaiah. Of course Isaiah said this prophetically and it came into fulfillment with our Lord, one could nonetheless ask:

Was Isaiah anointed with oil?
Was it practise for the prophets to be anointed with oil?

I think not. Their anointing came from above in Spirit and authorised them to set up Kings and cut them down.
This is our Lord's anointing.

The greatness or Y'shua; Prophet, High Priest and King of kings.