Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I do NOT believe in Y'shua
Hello all,

I am a Noahide slowly beginning conversion to Judaism. I wish to share why I left Christianity and no longer believe in Y'shua.

The number one thing that got to me was that the T'nach clearly stated that sacrifices were not the only means to atone for sins. Thus the obvious question: "If there is no need for sacrifices to atone for sins, what then is the need for Y'shua?"

Here are the verses I'm referring to:

"So now, Yisraél - what does Adonai your God ask of you? only this: to respect Adonai your God by following all His ways and to love and serve Adonai your God with all your heart and all your being by keeping Adonai's commandments and laws that I am commanding you today..." (D'varim 10:12-13)

"Sin is atoned through kindness and truth; one turns from evil though having respect for Adonai" (Mishlei 16:6).

"Doing charitable deeds and justice is more pleasing to Adonai than a sacrifice" (Mishlei 21:3).

"...so, Your Majesty, let my advice be acceptable to you - your sins will be removed by charitable deeds and your wrongdoings [will be removed] by showing mercy to the poor..." (Daniyel 4:24).
"...I delight in kindness rather than sacrifice and in closeness to God more than olah-offerings..." (Hoshé'a 6:6).

Among many MANY others.

The second major thing that got to me was that the Christian theology of sacrifices completely contradicts the T'nach:

1. Sacrifices can only be performed in the Temple/Tabernacle

Adonai spoke to Mosheh and said: Speak to Aharon and his sons, and to all the Yisraélite people, and say "This is what Adonai has commanded: 'If any Yisraélite man slaughters an ox, or a lamb, or a young goat [as a sacrifice] anywhere either inside the camp or outside the camp instead of bringing it to the Temple entrance to be offered before Adonai's Shrine, that man will be held guilty of [unlawful] killing - he has shed blood [unlawfully] and he will be cut off from his nation'." (Vayikra 17:1-4)

This is the answer to the Christian question "Why don't Jews perform sacrifices."

2. Sacrifices can only atone for unintentional sins

Adonai spoke to Mosheh and said: Speak to the Yisraélite people and say "If any person unintentionally violates one of Adonai's commandments [about things] that may not be done and he does one of them..." (Vayikra 4:1-2).

So these are the biggest two reasons why I do not and cannot accept Y'Shua
I was raised reading the Bible and attending Christian churches. I came to a crisis when I realized that I was following doctrines I had been taught which had problem verses that needed quite a bit of explaining. I saw that other doctrinal positions were basically in the same position. What I came to understand is that all of these doctrinal positions have their bases in assumptions that are applied on top of the Bible. I found that just by reading what the Bible says, a clear coherent picture of the necessary truths emerged, with no problem verses. What seemed to be unresolvable contradictions, such as James versus Paul, disappeared.

In this process of discovering the truth, I came to realize that all Christian theology is flawed. Particularly the doctrines of salvation are incorrect. Let me take your question: "If there is no need for sacrifices to atone for sins, what then is the need for Y'shua?" Besides the minor point that Jesus' name in Hebrew is Yahushua, or Yoshua, not Y'shua, the need for Jesus is that we need to be changed in our heart, so that we will sin no longer. Jesus died so that all who put their trust in him die in him, then are raised to new, sinless life in him. This is required for all, from Adam through Abraham and Moses to me and you. The animal sacrifices were required when they were possible, for unintentional sins, as an expression of repentance and faith, but since they themselves were not the means of taking away sin, atonement COULD be provided without them when they were not possible.

Jesus is not a sacrifice for sin in the same sense that the animal sacrifices were. He is not a human sacrifice as was prohibited in the Torah. He is NOT a substitutionary sacrifice. He is NOT the price paid for my sin. He IS a sacrifice that takes me to death in him. The soul that sins shall die. If I die for my sins myself, I pay the penalty for my sins, dying in my sins, and being subject to the second death for whatever sins have not been forgiven as unintentional. If I die in Christ, I also pay the penalty for my intentional sins, but by dying in Christ, I am raised to new life in Christ, as Galatians 2:20 and a host of other scriptures explain. In typical Christian theology, one hears the statement that since Christ died for our sins, then we accept his perfect sacrifice on our behalf so that we do not have to die. Yet when we read II Corinthians 5:14, we see that the phrase "Christ died for us" has been completely misunderstood.

In this resurrected condition, all sins committed in the flesh become unintentional and repulsive to the inner man, according to Romans chapter 7. This is what the Law could not do. This is why when we confess our sins we receive forgiveness. The inner man sins no longer, and when we receive a new body, we will never sin again.
How can you pick little verse from Deuteronomy where sacrifice is all over the place within the same book?

Deuteronomy 12:6
Deuteronomy 12:11
Deuteronomy 12:13

There are 15 places total where the word sacrifice is written. And you post scripture to one place you feel then justifies removing 15 verses!

And as for unintentional sins, you must not have studied Hebrews, where there are not sacrifice for those who condone there sin!

Third, Jesus is after the order of Melchizedek, unfortunately for you, you and all Judaism does not realize that without the Aaronic Priesthood you have no atonement.

Unfortunately they don't even teach you which three individuals had the righteousness to be delivered:

Ezekiel 14:14
Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord God.

You are not Noah, Daniel or Job! Nobody is! That is why Y'sua (Jesus the Christ) has to be the only righteous branch of Jesse capable of forgiving men of their sins! Nobody else has the righteousness to do it.

Isaiah says we've all gone astray like sheep!
Quote:You are not Noah, Daniel or Job! Nobody is! That is why Y'sua (Jesus the Christ) has to be the only righteous branch of Jesse capable of forgiving men of their sins! Nobody else has the righteousness to do it.
Well God does. a Messiah is nothing, and has no force in himself without The Almighty. And The Almighty will judge Himself about those who do kindness and truth, and will judge all the other poeple.

MessianicJew reads part of the Tenach, and is mainly writing against Jews, this happens more often with people who are somewhere in the middle, the fanatism against groups is lacking kindness and truth.
Melchizedek, just like Yithro was just one of the examples of priests for God. The Almighty ordered Jews to do a certain way of priesthood, but also said that he did and didn't want sacrifices. A sacrifice nor the priesthood is no garantee or way towards redemption perse.
MessianicJew like many other Christians still are hanging in the idea that an ultimate sacrifice is needed, and that can only be fulfilled by Jesus.
(01-04-2014, 11:42 AM)Yetzirah Wrote: Well God does. a Messiah is nothing, and has no force in himself without The Almighty. And The Almighty will judge Himself about those who do kindness and truth, and will judge all the other poeple.

MessianicJew reads part of the Tenach, and is mainly writing against Jews, this happens more often with people who are somewhere in the middle, the fanatism against groups is lacking kindness and truth.
Melchizedek, just like Yithro was just one of the examples of priests for God. The Almighty ordered Jews to do a certain way of priesthood, but also said that he did and didn't want sacrifices. A sacrifice nor the priesthood is no garantee or way towards redemption perse.
MessianicJew like many other Christians still are hanging in the idea that an ultimate sacrifice is needed, and that can only be fulfilled by Jesus.

I'm writing against Jews? And you're saying a Messiah is "nothing". I'm writing against the "ism" in Judaism.

The ism that claims you need a Jewish mother to be Jewish, when Jesse didn't have a Jewish mother.

The book of Matthew is a guarantee of redemption. You are the one with absolutely no guarantee because you don't have a Aaronic Priesthood, we are guaranteed through the Prophets a Messiah from another Priesthood.

You speak against the Law of Moses by saying you don't need a Aaronic Priesthood and claiming you're Holy. You are the 'ism'.