Bible Options Bible Study Software
Greetings!
Hello, my name is James.

In researching my family history as far back as I could go by using the internet, I have stumbled onto something that interested me, because my family lineage hails from Armagh, Ireland. But when I searched a little more, it seems that there was an influx of Jews to this area in the late 1500's and early 1600's from Portugal and Spain. Then in the mid to late 1800's the potato famine hit Ireland, and my ancestors came to the United States.

That being said, it is highly likely from other indicators that I am, by all standards, a Sephardic Jew. I could say that I am, but I don't know for sure, even though I feel certain of it. I once saw a picture of an Irish Jew with my same last name, and I couldn't imagine that my dad ever lived in Ireland, but if he did that would have been him because of how striking the appearance was. I mean it could be coincidence, but my dad was also an anomaly in the family with a permanent olive-tan skin that seemed to have come out of nowhere. I don't think that he ever thought he was Jewish, but he did once admit that it might be of benefit to me if I had been sent to a Catholic or Jewish school. I thank God that his decision-making process was, in my mother's words, slow... Or else I might have been a Catholic. He never got the chance though, we were really poor.

So, that has brought me here. I want to know and understand my Jewish heritage, and knowing that Jesus was a Jew has also forced me to look more closely at this whole thing. I am looking forward to giving my testimony of how I came to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and getting to know you all in the process.

Thank you for reading, and God bless you.
Shalom, James, and welcome to the Jews for Jesus Forums!

I look forward to reading your comments, including your testimony, and I hope you will find your participation here to be a blessing. I'm sure it will be to others as well.

We permit a wider range of beliefs and opinions to be expressed than many other religious web sites, because we know that Jesus will have the final answer. Some participants are against faith in Jesus, while some believers hold views that are unorthodox. We ask that everyone be polite, and disagree without being disagreeable.

When you have time, I encourage you to explore the rest of our web site as well. For example, in sections such as "About Us" and "Answers," you can read about what we believe, and why we believe it.

Thanks again for participating in our Forums.

God bless you,
Moderator MAlan
85% of the time, I always read the sticky notes and information pages before making a fool of myself. Off I go to the testimonies forum...

Thanks again & God bless! :)