Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Got Born Again?
John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

John 7:16-19 So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood. Has not Moses given you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law.”

Mat 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

John 6:27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal."
John 6:29 Jesus answered them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent."

John 6:35-40 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."
(12-17-2013, 10:13 AM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: John 8:12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
J-sus spoke in parables, Matthew 13:18. I believe he was speaking of Torah in the verse above, Proverbs 6:23, Isa 8:20, Isa 51:4.

(12-17-2013, 10:13 AM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
Again, J-sus spoke in parables. Torah is the way, Psalms 119:1, Prov 6:23. Torah is truth, Psalms 119:142, Daniel 9:13, Mal 2:6. Torah is life, Psalms 119:77, Prov 7:2, Prov 6:23. No one comes to the Father except through me, Psalms 119:1, Psalms 86:11, Psalms 119:33.

(12-17-2013, 10:13 AM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: John 7:16-19 So Jesus answered them, “My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me. If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority. The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood. Has not Moses given you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law.”
Why would J-sus emphasize the law here if it isn’t the way?

(12-17-2013, 10:13 AM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: Mat 5:20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the Scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:48 You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Again, J-sus emphasises that the way to heaven is the commandments. As far as being perfect, Prov 24:16, Hos 14:9, Prov 4:18.

(12-17-2013, 10:13 AM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: John 6:27 Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on him God the Father has set his seal."
John 6:29 Jesus answered them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent."

John 6:35-40 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."
Deut 8:3, Zech 7:12, Ex 20:1-17, Amos 8:11, Neh 8:1. The Torah of Hashem is all of this and more.
Nachshon you write "Why would J-sus emphasize the law here if it isn’t the way?"

Answer is if you continue to read:
"...Why go ye about to kill me?"
"The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?"

Deut:5:17: Thou shalt not kill.
De:5:20: Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
De:19:16: If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
De:19:18: And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;

You don't follow the Law
(12-17-2013, 04:34 PM)Tanachreader Wrote: Nachshon you write "Why would J-sus emphasize the law here if it isn’t the way?"

Answer is if you continue to read:
"...Why go ye about to kill me?"
"The people answered and said, Thou hast a devil: who goeth about to kill thee?"

Deut:5:17: Thou shalt not kill.
De:5:20: Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.
De:19:16: If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
De:19:18: And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;

You don't follow the Law
I haven't killed anyone or provided false witness in court, Deut 19:15-19.
Hos 12:10 I spoke to the prophets; it was I who multiplied visions, and through the prophets gave parables.

Mat 13:9 He who has ears, let him hear.
Mat 13:10 Then the disciples came and said to him, "Why do you speak to them in parables?"
Mat 13:11 And he answered them, To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.

Mat 13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
Mat 13:14 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says: "'"You will indeed hear but never understand, and you will indeed see but never perceive." [Isa 6:9-10]

Mat 13:34 All these things Jesus said to the crowds in parables; indeed, he said nothing to them without a parable.
Mat 13:35 This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet: "I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world." [Psa 78:2]

Mat 13:53 And when Jesus had finished these parables, he went away from there,
Mat 13:54 and coming to his hometown he taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished, and said, "Where did this man get this wisdom and these mighty works?
Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? And are not his brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
Mat 13:56 And are not all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?"
Mat 13:57 And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his hometown and in his own household."
(12-18-2013, 11:56 AM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: Hos 12:10 I spoke to the prophets; it was I who multiplied visions, and through the prophets gave parables.
Yes, I believe J-sus spoke in parables. What other point are you trying to make?
(12-18-2013, 12:00 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-18-2013, 11:56 AM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: Hos 12:10 I spoke to the prophets; it was I who multiplied visions, and through the prophets gave parables.
Yes, I believe J-sus spoke in parables. What other point are you trying to make?

Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.
Joh 1:11 He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him.
Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(12-18-2013, 12:03 PM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.
Joh 1:12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,
Joh 1:13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Interesting. Is there a verse in Tanakh that says messiah is the Creator, and that multiple people were involved in creation, Isa 37:16, Isa 44:24, Eccl 4:11, Psalms 83:18, Psalms 86:10, Neh 9:6?
(12-18-2013, 12:27 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(12-18-2013, 12:03 PM)HumblePetitioner Wrote: Joh 1:10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him.
Interesting. Is there a verse in Tanakh that says messiah is the Creator, and that multiple people were involved in creation, Isa 37:16, Isa 44:24, Eccl 4:11, Psalms 83:18, Psalms 86:10, Neh 9:6?

I think you agree that YHVH is the only creator (but maybe not that He actually created anything) John 1:1-3 declares that 'the Word' was (is) the creator God and that there was only one 'person' involved in all things created - there were no outside agents involved i.e. angels
(12-18-2013, 12:33 PM)HumblePetitioner Wrote:
(12-18-2013, 12:27 PM)Nachshon Wrote:

I think you agree that YHVH is the only creator (but maybe not that He actually created anything) John 1:1-3 declares that 'the Word' was (is) the creator God and that there was only one 'person' involved in all things created - there were no outside agents involved i.e. angels
You didn't answer the question - find me a verse in Tanakh that says messiah is the Creator and that more than one Creator was involved.

You should go back and read what I said about angels. They are not the Creator(s).