Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any proof from the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah?
"J-sus died and is dead. Have you heard of the Talpiot tombs and how they found his family ossuary's and his there?"

I would bet that we can find a tomb somewhere with a Nachshon buried there, and then we can conclude that Nachshon is dead, and so we don't have to pay any attention to what Nachshon writes.

IamBenny, I was glad to see someone finally elucidate the meaning of I Corinthians 15:1-8. I don't know how many times I have heard someone talk of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ as the gospel. That is a classic rote statement without understanding. It is funny that no one ever seems to state: the death, burial, resurrection, and appearance of Christ. The gospel is summed up in the death and resurrection of Christ. As you say, the burial is the testimony of his death, and the appearance is the testimony of his resurrection.
(02-09-2014, 12:29 PM)ThomasDGW Wrote: "J-sus died and is dead. Have you heard of the Talpiot tombs and how they found his family ossuary's and his there?"

I would bet that we can find a tomb somewhere with a Nachshon buried there, and then we can conclude that Nachshon is dead, and so we don't have to pay any attention to what Nachshon writes.
You could conclude that being that I'm human, and will eventually die, as all men do, including J-sus. What's facinating about the talpiot tomb is that James, J-sus brother, Mary, and J-sus sons' ossuaries were all in the same spot. The probability for these names to be gathered in one spot is rather small, and provides more evidence for his death than any eye witness accounts for his actual resurrection event. The NT is silent on who actually saw J-sus rising from the dead. I wonder why?

You have to admit that you're interested in seeing what a dead man, Nachshon, has to say Smile.
(01-17-2014, 06:14 AM)Feedmysheep Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 04:25 AM)Eliyahu Wrote: Bs'd

Can Christians give proof from the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about the messiah?

The proof that the servant is Israel is overwhelming.

Why is the proof that the Suffering Servant in chapter 53 is Israel overwhelming ?

Referring to Isaiah 53, please read Acts 8:30-36