Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the proof from the Tanach that Isaiah 53 speaks about Israel?
(02-07-2014, 11:43 AM)Nachshon Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 10:58 AM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 12:06 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:35 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: Nachshon wrote
The messiah/annointed cannot save himself, Psalms 20:6. I'll trust in G-d.

Who is The stone Nachshon

Like the psalmist I will put my trust in the Lord.
Psalms:118:21: I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
Psalms:118:22: The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.[/b]
Psalms:118:23: This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
Psalms:118:24: This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Rashi say's The stone that the builders rejected: A people that was humble among the peoples.

Looks like Rashi puts his trust in humble people.

.yeshiva.co
(Shemot 31:17) and next week’s. We will try to understand these mentions and Moshe Rabbeinu’s connection to Shabbat with the help of the Shabbat morning tefilla: "Moshe will rejoice with the giving of his portion, for a trustworthy servant You called him; a crown of grandeur You gave to him, when he stood before You at Mount Sinai; two tablets of stone he brought down in his hand, and it was written in them the guarding of Shabbat."

Seem some trusted Moses but you will not trust Messiah, God's Son.

The messiah/annointed refused to save himself.
The leading priests and the teachers of the law were also there. They teased Jesus the same as the other people did. They said to themselves, "He saved other people. But he can't save himself."
Wrong! Jesus didn't save himself so he could save others... save you... save me. Thankfully the religious folks were wrong about Jesus' power to save. Thank God that Jesus loved us enough to bear their ridicule, face their scorn, absorb their hate, suffer their torture, and endure their humiliation. And he did it because he could save himself, but wouldn't—for you and me!
http://www.heartlight.org
You confuse man being an instrument for deliverance, just like angels, but Hashem provides the salvation. It's the same story with messiah.

The Father sent His Son.
The father has many sons, Hos 11:1.
In Hos 11 God was not pleased with Israel

M't:3:17: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
(02-07-2014, 12:36 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 12:06 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 09:35 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: Nachshon wrote
The messiah/annointed cannot save himself, Psalms 20:6. I'll trust in G-d.

Who is The stone Nachshon

Like the psalmist I will put my trust in the Lord.
Psalms:118:21: I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
Psalms:118:22: The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.[/b]
Psalms:118:23: This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
Psalms:118:24: This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Rashi say's The stone that the builders rejected: A people that was humble among the peoples.

Looks like Rashi puts his trust in humble people.

.yeshiva.co
(Shemot 31:17) and next week’s. We will try to understand these mentions and Moshe Rabbeinu’s connection to Shabbat with the help of the Shabbat morning tefilla: "Moshe will rejoice with the giving of his portion, for a trustworthy servant You called him; a crown of grandeur You gave to him, when he stood before You at Mount Sinai; two tablets of stone he brought down in his hand, and it was written in them the guarding of Shabbat."

Seem some trusted Moses but you will not trust Messiah, God's Son.

The messiah/annointed refused to save himself.
The leading priests and the teachers of the law were also there. They teased Jesus the same as the other people did. They said to themselves, "He saved other people. But he can't save himself."
Wrong! Jesus didn't save himself so he could save others... save you... save me. Thankfully the religious folks were wrong about Jesus' power to save. Thank God that Jesus loved us enough to bear their ridicule, face their scorn, absorb their hate, suffer their torture, and endure their humiliation. And he did it because he could save himself, but wouldn't—for you and me!
http://www.heartlight.org
You confuse man being an instrument for deliverance, just like angels, but Hashem provides the salvation. It's the same story with messiah.

The Father sent His Son.

M't:3:17: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
The point is G-d has many sons, Israel. Since you reference Hos 11 for J-sus fulfillment of prophecy coming out of Egypt, then Hashem wasn't happy with J-sus either. Thanks.
(02-07-2014, 12:52 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 12:06 PM)Nachshon Wrote: You confuse man being an instrument for deliverance, just like angels, but Hashem provides the salvation. It's the same story with messiah.

The Father sent His Son.

The point is G-d has many sons, Israel. Since you reference Hos 11 for J-sus fulfillment of prophecy coming out of Egypt, then Hashem wasn't happy with J-sus either. Thanks.
Wrong!
(02-07-2014, 01:06 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 10:58 AM)Tanachreader Wrote: The Father sent His Son.

Wrong!
I understand your position...you pull verses out of context to make it support your notions that J-sus is special. Previously, you said Israel is never referred to as a "he", but only a "she".

When I challenged you on this with Hos 11:1 and J-sus fulfilling this prophecy of being a "she", you didn't have much to say.
(02-07-2014, 03:03 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 11:43 AM)Nachshon Wrote: The father has many sons, Hos 11:1.

Wrong!
I understand your position...you pull verses out of context to make it support your notions that J-sus is special. Previously, you said Israel is never referred to as a "he", but only a "she".

When I challenged you on this with Hos 11:1 and J-sus fulfilling this prophecy of being a "she", you didn't have much to say.

Your being silly.

When Israel(Jacob) was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
No she here!
(02-07-2014, 03:28 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 12:36 PM)Tanachreader Wrote: In Hos 11 God was not pleased with Israel

Wrong!

Your being silly.

When Israel(Jacob) was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.
No she here!
Exactly, why did you say Israel is never referred to as a he?
(02-07-2014, 03:32 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 12:52 PM)Nachshon Wrote: The point is G-d has many sons, Israel. Since you reference Hos 11 for J-sus fulfillment of prophecy coming out of Egypt, then Hashem wasn't happy with J-sus either. Thanks.
Wrong!

Your being silly.

No she here!

I never said never did I? Israel is usually referred to as a she though as God was as a husband to Israel.
(02-07-2014, 03:47 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 01:06 PM)Tanachreader Wrote: Wrong!

Your being silly.

No she here!

I never said never did I? Israel is usually referred to as a she though as God was as a husband to Israel.
Ok, so you changed your mind. Thanks.
(02-07-2014, 03:58 PM)Nachshon Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 03:47 PM)Tanachreader Wrote:
(02-07-2014, 03:03 PM)Nachshon Wrote: I understand your position...you pull verses out of context to make it support your notions that J-sus is special. Previously, you said Israel is never referred to as a "he", but only a "she".

Your being silly.

No she here!

Ok, so you changed your mind. Thanks.

No?