Bible Options Bible Study Software
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About who does Isaiah 42 speak?
(01-31-2014, 04:34 AM)IamBenny Wrote: Isa_42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isa_49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

This is Jesus Christ the covenant of Faith,,,,,Israel does not save anyone...

Bs'd

No way that Isaiah says in verse 6 that the servant will be Gods salvation. I don't know what translation you are using, but it is WRONG.

It is clearly spelled out, both in Isaiah 42 itself and in the chapter right before; 41, that the servant is Israel.

How blind do you have to be not to see that?
(02-01-2014, 09:42 AM)Eliyahu Wrote:
(01-31-2014, 04:34 AM)IamBenny Wrote: Isa_42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
Isa_49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

This is Jesus Christ the covenant of Faith,,,,,Israel does not save anyone...

Bs'd

No way that Isaiah says in verse 6 that the servant will be Gods salvation. I don't know what translation you are using, but it is WRONG.

It is clearly spelled out, both in Isaiah 42 itself and in the chapter right before; 41, that the servant is Israel.

How blind do you have to be not to see that?

For an eye-opening look at messianic prophecies, click on the "Answers" section of this Jews for Jesus web site, and then click on the subsection entitled "Prophecies of the Messiah in the Hebrew Bible."
(02-01-2014, 02:22 PM)MAlan Wrote: For an eye-opening look at messianic prophecies, click on the "Answers" section of this Jews for Jesus web site, and then click on the subsection entitled "Prophecies of the Messiah in the Hebrew Bible."

Bs'd

If you think that there is there anything pertinent to this discussion about Isaiah 42, please post it here.
(02-02-2014, 06:20 AM)Eliyahu Wrote:
(02-01-2014, 02:22 PM)MAlan Wrote: For an eye-opening look at messianic prophecies, click on the "Answers" section of this Jews for Jesus web site, and then click on the subsection entitled "Prophecies of the Messiah in the Hebrew Bible."

Bs'd

If you think that there is there anything pertinent to this discussion about Isaiah 42, please post it here.

YESHUA was very kind, and loving going about His Father's business of teaching and healing Israel. You should think about that as He was dearly loved by Israel. The Sanhedrin believed in Jesus but feared the Sadducee High Priest as he was appointed by Rome.
High Priest Corruption In The Days Of Jesus:
Annas was not the current high priest, having been disposed by the Romans in favor of his son-in-law Caiaphas. He still bore the title of high priest, just as ex-presidents of the United States are still called president. Caiaphas was in office until 36 A.D. He was a Sadducee. (Sadducees believed only in the first five books of Moses, since they did not recognize the prophets they did not believe in a resurrection).(2) (Note concerning Book of Acts Chapter 4 Verse 6).

The High Priest ruled over the temple. He was appointed by Herod for the duration he desired, and often won his office through treachery or bribery. Beginning with the Maccabean revolt and up until the time of Herod-the high priest was the leading religious and political figure in Jerusalem.(3)

After Herod's death and the removal of Archelaus, the appointing of the high priest passed to the Roman governors of Jerusalem.(3)

For 44 years following the reign of Herod, the Romans usurped the right of appointing the High Priest. The right reverted to King Agrippa the second during the last 20 years of the temples existence.(3) In the final generation of high priests prior to 70 A.D. (Temple's destruction), the Roman Governors once again allowed Agrippa 2nd to choose the high priest.
There is always someone standing against whether it be Moses or the Prophets they always had opposition.